InterSystems Corporation is a global, privately owned software company headquartered in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA - the tech hub of New England. We are the leading provider of database and interoperability technologies to the healthcare industry (more than two-thirds of the U.S. population is served by InterSystems-based healthcare technology).
We're looking for Sales Engineers.
Who are Sales Engineers? Sales Engineers are the driving force at our company.
We are customer-facing. We are evangelists. We are savvy across all kinds of technologies from healthcare to ML/AI to Cloud. We are coders. We are solution architectures.
We wake up in the morning wanting to be those.
If you join InterSystems, all the assets we have are part of your plan to become the best you can be. From formal training courses to mentoring with seasoned and senior Sales Engineers – and everything in between – we’ll put you on the path to becoming the trusted partner to the clients who will depend on you.
Excellent coding skills, excellent writing skills, resourcefulness, and self-motivation are necessary to succeed in this role.
It is imperative that you have a passion for innovation, a passion for the success of the customer, and the skills to ensure the best performance, scalability, security, and availability of their InterSystems-based solutions.
- Recommending technical application, integration, database, and deployment architectures.
- Designing, building, and presenting Proofs of Concept (PoCs) to prospects and partners.
- Coordinating with InterSystems' Account Representatives and all other departments to ensure a close, long-term relationship with our clients.
- Keeping up-to-date with InterSystems products and industry developments, especially competitive products, and undertake any relevant self-development or training.
The position of Sales Engineer is peer with an InterSystems Account Representative. As a team you are expected to:
- Help your clients solve their business, clinical and analytics challenges by recommending any and all InterSystems product in the proper combination
- Communicate effectively at all levels (Senior Management to Develop to Operations)
- Act as a resource for all technical- and software-related questions during the sales process
- Build and execute Proofs of Concepts and targeted technical demonstrations
- Work collaboratively with every InterSystems person who can help a client succeed
Individually, you must have:
- Proven, outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- 3+ years proven technical industry experience
- Proficiency in some set of technologies, for instance: Python; Java; SQL, Spark, Jupyter and other ML/AI s/w; HTML; xslt, xpath and xquery; JSON/REST ; rdbms, columnar, document or other database
- Exposure to healthcare protocols (FHIR, HL7, CCD, IHE, …) a plus
- Experience building applications a plus
- Experience in public speaking a plus
Education and Training
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent