The Sales Engineer will provide guidance in the use of InterSystems' products as they best suit the objectives & requirements of prospects, customers and their markets. InterSystems is constantly growing, the focus is on future growth by providing value-add to customers' solutions and services. The role is wide-ranging and challenging, requiring a mixture of technical architecture and solution-design skills, hands-on coding, presentation skills, sales awareness, business acumen, leadership and evangelism, mentoring and training. This is a customer facing role and requires regular travel across the DACH region.
- Investigate & demonstrate the beneficial use of InterSystems products, often combined or related to 3rd party technologies or existing solutions.
- Manage the technical relationship with prospects and customer accounts.
- Identify opportunities within existing accounts.
- Build and demonstrate Proofs of Concept (PoCs) for prospects and partners to illustrate the suitability, ease of use, performance, reliability and/or interoperability capabilities of InterSystems platforms and solutions..
- Participate in business and detailed technical discussions at all levels and in all departments of the customer's organization to foster the adoption, use and deployment of InterSystems platforms and solutions.
- Recommend technical architecture, solution design and datastore patterns, migration and upgrade strategies and operational best practices.
- Assist with benchmarking exercises to determine optimal architecture and deployment configurations.
- Work as a hands-on lead solution developer to coach partners and prospects, particularly in the early stages of adoption or during particularly technically challenging projects.
- Provide programming in Object-, Query and Analytics languages and related technologies
- Give corporate presentations to InterSystems' customers and prospects at site visits, marketing events and such venues. Topic includes strategic and tactical technical and business directions and technical product demonstrations
- Plan and carry out partner enabling and training in InterSystems technologies.
- This role requires technical collaboration and a team effort with multiple internal departments such as; Sales, Marketing, Support, Development, Documentation and other disciplines.
Experience and Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of IT Industry issues & trends with specific vertical market & technical knowledge in Integration, Interoperability and/or Analytics
- Proven leadership or technical management in a solution development environment
- At least 7 years programming with demonstrable current hands-on expertise in languages such as C, Java, Python, SQL and/or with similar programming, analytical query and machine learning scripting.
- experience within the design, development & deployment of complex solutions.
- Up-to-date knowledge of commonly used Software development & deployment methods and methodologies
- Extensive use of two or more database platforms, including relational ones such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 or MariaDB, and NoSQL databases such as SAP HANA, Neo4j, MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis. Experience of InterSystems and cloud databases is a plus. Good knowledge of SQL, as well as installation, configuration and performance tuning skills
- Proven business analysis and problem solving skills
- Commercial understanding of solution development, support and deployment English language fluency
Education & Training
- Degree in computing or a related science discipline
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.