Sales Director, Metro West at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and drive overall sales strategy to develop and grow business within our largest Franchise accounts
- Design and build a winning sales team through hiring and inspiring team members, while also training and developing team members on sales process
- Coach direct reports regarding key account strategies to drive closure and improve win rates
- Track and analyze sales activities to understand how to capitalize on market trends
- Accurately forecast, track and report revenue
- Execute sales campaigns to net new business - drive strategies to close large strategic accounts and wins
- Maintain a personal presence and be visible with the sales team through customer engagements
- Monitor and track sales team and individual performances, strengths and weakness, and clearly communicate evaluation and execute developmental steps when necessary
Who You Are:
- Innovative and results-oriented sales leader with 5-8 years of sales experience as an individual contributor and 2+ years in sales leadership/management
- Automotive and/or software sales experience is a plus
- A track record of success in hiring and building elite sales team
- Proven experience developing teams that consistently hit targets in a high-growth environment
- Customer focus and an excellent knowledge of tried sales processes and solution-selling strategies - driven by analytical and metrics through all stages of the sales cycle
- Demonstrated success in building strategic customer relationships at the executive level
- A highly motivated, competitive and passionate team-player mentality, driven to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to provide accurate forecasting and pipeline guidance
- Exceptional communication and consultative skills to employ solutions-based selling
- Polished communications with strong presentation skills; and
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or other related field.
- Consultative sales skills with exceptional closing experience
- CRM (Salesforce.com) experience
- Strong business acumen
- Create a culture of sales success and lead by example
- Hire, develop, and manage a sales team that may be across geographic locations
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Work closely across departments (such as Product, Marketing, and Sales Operations) to ensure optimal delivery to our customers
- Leverage strong communication skills
- Support contract negotiations
- Attend events as appropriate
- 35% travel, domestic
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.