Sales Development Representative, Search Engine Marketing
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a results-driven Sales Development Representative, SEM to assist in increasing the market share of subscribed dealerships to our SEM Plus solution by working alongside Sales and Marketing to prospect and qualify sales opportunities. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to multi-task in a rapidly-changing working environment, strong communication skills, and be proficient at regularly attaining quotas by adhering to a systematic and repeatable lead development process.
What You'll Do:
- Use Salesforce, Google, and other resources; uncover new prospects and convert these dealerships into advertisers on CarGurus
- Promptly respond to and nurture inbound request from CarGurus.com and marketing campaigns and convert these to sales qualified opportunities.
- Ensure that each new prospect is engaged and fully understands the benefits of the values we provide
- Develop business relationships and create new sales opportunities for the SEM Account Executives
- Demonstrate persistence, tenacity, and the ability to overcome obstacles and handle objections
- Develop and consistently meet or exceed all assigned quotas and key performance metrics
- Log all sales activity completely and accurately in Salesforce
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years selling and/or sales development experience
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to stay focused on task and follow directions precisely
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Salesforce.com experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.