Sales Development Representative, Campus Accounts at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
We are seeking a motivated and experienced professional to join our Campus Team as a Sales Development Representative. This role is a great opportunity to leverage your sales skills to make an impact on our business and industry. You’ll be uncovering new food service operations and helping them implement our ordering and delivery technology to meet the needs of their evolving customers.
- The Grubhub Sales Development Representative role is a great opportunity to leverage your sales skills to make an immediate impact on our rapid growth within the Campus team.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Campus Sales to identify, prospect and build a pipeline of interested universities
- Prospect and uncover new opportunities for the Grubhub Campus Business
- Present Grubhub’s value proposition and product offerings to a wide range of university administrators
- Be an advocate for our culture and create brand awareness
- Leverage your industry knowledge to provide best practices for universities looking to implement mobile technology solutions
- Stay up to date on internal product improvements to ensure messaging is timely and accurate
- Use Salesforce.com to develop regular tracking and reporting of key performance metrics
- Work closely with the Client Success Managers to ensure successful client onboarding and account handoff processes
- Encourage transparency and align broader company initiatives with department goals
- Be a respected team player while maintaining our collaborative and dynamic team culture
- Provide product feedback and contribute new ideas and solutions to problems
- Take on projects outside of the scope of day to day responsibilities as needed by the sales department
What You Bring to the Table
- 3 years minimum sales experience
- Have an entrepreneur’s mentality: you are driven to create meaningful progress in our product adoption
- Hustle and excitement about contributing to the growth of the campus team
- Willingness to travel (when appropriate), attend industry trade shows and represent Grubhub within our partner organizations
- A desire to represent our brand and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Persistence, drive, and an eagerness to learn
- Ability to be consultative and communicate our value proposition effectively
- Experience working in a metrics/data-driven environment
- Experience with working in a high activity, high volume environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across multiple internal groups
- Business development experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.