Sales Development Manager at Drift
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the Team
Drift’s Sales Development team is responsible for driving pipeline for Mid Market and Enterprise accounts. We do this by researching, prospecting, and contacting accounts with the goal of scheduling a meeting with an Account Executive that will convert to an opportunity. We work closely with the Account Executive team to prioritize and strategize on our prospecting efforts.
About the Role:
The Sales Development Manager is responsible for driving the results of the SDR team by coaching, coordinating, measuring, problem solving and leading. The Sales Development Manager contributes to the strategies and executes plans while upholding the standards to ensure that opportunity creation and pipeline goals are met or exceeded. This role requires a self-starting, proactive, results-oriented sales management professional.
As a Sales Development Manager, you will coach 5-10 SDRs on prospecting methods, using a combination of Drift, phone, email, social media, and direct mail to help build our sales pipeline by connecting with prospective customers, understanding their unique needs, and identifying the best way to position Drift. You’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with the Heads of Enterprise Sales, Head of Sales Development, and VP of Sales Operations.
We’re looking to add an experienced SDR Manager (12+ months) with a background in SaaS that focuses on coaching based on individual needs. It’s important that you have proven your ability to inspire, encourage, and collaborate with your team in a remote environment. You must be efficient in working with a sophisticated technology stack (Salesforce, Outreach or SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Navigator). You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle change management well. As a part of the SDR Leadership team, you must take extreme ownership of your work, continuously strive for improvement, and have the ability to succeed without all the answers.
By month 3 you’ll
- Conduct weekly 1:1 meetings with your direct reports
- Coach and mentor Sales Development Representatives to optimum performance
- Understand reporting in Salesforce and use data to coach SDRs on specific behaviors
- Report team performance metrics to the Head of Sales Development
By month 6 you'll
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our unique culture and vision for the future
- Present ideas to maximize workflow in the SDR org
- Contribute to ideas, content, and delivery of onboarding and ongoing training for SDR org
By month 12 you'll
- Identify problems and proactively create comprehensive plans of action to present to senior management
- Ensure company and department policies and procedures are adhered to and recommend updates when needed
- Organize and deploying team resources in accordance with department and company strategies
- Work with Head of Sales Development to identify a plan of continued career growth
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; phenomenal teammate
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Confident and love sharing success with your team
- Take extreme ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement
- Ability to succeed without all the answers
- Support and coach your team members to develop their career paths and goals
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
**Needs to be located in Boston, MA**