Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As a Sales Compensation Analyst, you will be part of the Commissions & Planning organization. You will be passionate about coordinating commissions administration, analysis, commission process efficiency, and more. You will support the continued evolution of our sales go-to-market strategy. Success in this role requires an analytical demeanor, intellectual curiosity, self-direction, and a dedicated work ethic. The ideal candidate will have experience in a results-oriented, fast-growing software company, and has experience with reporting aggregation from multiple data sources.What you’ll do:
- Coordinate monthly commission cycles for multiple plans and different roles globally
- Run quarterly commission analysis actual vs budget
- A key leader in the strategy and planning of compensation policy
- Execute attainment analysis across teams for management
- Responsible for commission plan issuance
- Identify and drive initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale commissions
- Be a trusted liaison with sales teams, FP&A, and other functional teams to represent commissions in all interactions
- Proactively anticipate new processes/systems trends within commissions that can drive productivity and create new ways to measure the business
- Manage dependencies and timeline across multiple projects to ensure quality and timely delivery
- Own the exploration and migration from excel to a commission tool
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability in sales compensation and/or operations related experience, preferably within a technology industry
- Experience in SaaS/MRR business model is preferred
- Proven SFDC experience and sophisticated Excel skills are critical (macros, VBA scripts, pivot tables)
- Relentlessly passionate about incremental delivery, which is a staple of CarGurus culture
- Visible communicator who is open, honest, and collaborative
- High energy great teammate and creative problem solver, with a passion for identifying inefficiencies and closing the gaps
- Driven self-starter, who is accountable for their work, and proud to take ownership of processes created
- Hardworking about developing a career in a growing technology company skillset
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.