Regional Sales Director - Chicago, IL at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
Our Regional Sales Director will seek to build relationships in the assigned geographical market with dealer decisions makers and automotive dealership groups. The Director's primary responsibility will be to represent CarGurus in a designated territory, consult with that territory’s automotive retailers, reviewing on-line business practices, and consulting with dealership management and Internet department staff.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, preserve, and grow direct relationships in a designated geography through prospecting, sales calls, and relationship development and management
- Create and manage relationships with area automotive retailers by demonstrating value as an on-line marketing strategy consultant
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to dealer concerns and needs and following thru on prompt resolution
- Provide in-depth analyses and reports regarding field activities and dealership progress
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the product and operational teams on new product ideas and/or suggested modifications to existing products
- Collaborate internally with various operational teammates to maximize client retention and relationship growth efforts.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of direct sales experience
- Automotive experience required
- Willingness and ability to travel on a frequent basis within a defined territory
- Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote/home office
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced rapidly growing company
- Collaborative background working with various internal teammates to execute go-to-market strategy effectively and efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Salesforce Experience a plus
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more