Operations Business Partner
Catalant helps the world’s leading organizations get from strategy to execution faster. Our Platform empowers organizations to work with greater agility to accelerate growth, drive efficiency, and rapidly innovate.
Trusted by more than 30 percent of the Fortune 100, the Catalant Platform enables business leaders to organize and gain visibility into mission critical work, access and dynamically deploy both internal and external resources, and track the speed, quality, and impact of work to drive better business performance. Access to our robust Expert Marketplace of over 55,000 independent experts and 1,000 boutique consulting firms helps organizations fill in critical capabilities and capacity gaps on high-priority projects.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, GE Ventures, and Greylock Partners.
We’re looking for curious, scrappy, talented people with a bias for action to join our team. Your next big thing is already here.
The Business Operations team supports Catalant’s go-to-market and product functions, with two key missions: Drive scalability across the business, in both human and technological processes; Develop and deliver the right metrics, analysis, and insights to inform strategy and performance management. Practically, that means owning the systems and data that serve as the technological backbone for our business functions AND serving as the company’s business analytics and special projects team.
As an Operations Business Partner, your day-to-day work will be a combination of project-based initiatives and ongoing support responsibilities. You will work closely with your teammates and with senior stakeholders in a variety of functions to tackle critical business challenges according to our mission.
- Own cross-functional projects to define and improve our human and technological processes for scalability, repeatability, and efficiency – throughout the customer journey and end-to-end “revenue engine”
- Provide project management and project execution support for Senior Leadership Team and other corporate initiatives
- Work with stakeholders in supported functions to address critical process, operational, and technical challenges – clarifying goals, breaking down problems, informing best-practice solutions, and thoughtfully balancing business goals with end-users’ experience (internal and external)
- Develop/deliver documentation and training relating to owned projects; own change management, management buy-in, and end user adoption for larger changes and new tools and processes
- Ongoing or recurring responsibilities may include creating materials for investor relations, analytical support for annual planning, recurring metrics “insights” meetings with management, maintaining and updating previously implemented analyses and processes, and training new team members
Qualities you’ll need (or develop!) in this role:
- Ability to take nebulous or ambiguous problems and convert them into concrete workstreams
- Strong intellectual curiosity and open-mindedness, driven to consider and synthesize diverse viewpoints and inputs
- Comfortable with project management, taking the lead on initiatives to address business challenges, and reaching out across the company to gather the input necessary to inform a solution
- Driven to improve processes and passionate about operational efficiency
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- A detail-oriented, structured thinker, and a creative problem-solver
- Experience: Minimum 1 year in consulting, business analyst, sales operations, or similar role
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint / Google Slides
- Nice to have: Experience with SQL, Salesforce, Domo / Looker / Tableau or equivalent
- Financial modeling experience of both recurring revenue and non-recurring revenue business models; analysis of sales and marketing performance; analysis of product user behavior; familiarity with finance operations
- Familiarity with enterprise software businesses, consulting space, or web marketplaces (esp. ‘gig economy’ platforms)