Manager of Sales Development
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Manager of Sales Development is responsible for leading, coaching and developing a 11-person team focused on creating qualified opportunities for the new acquisition sales team through inbound and outbound efforts. Additionally, this manager will be responsible for foundational training toward certifications, and inspection of rigorous KPIs, with the end goal of SDRs and BDRs being promoted into closing sales roles. The Sales Manager will be required to make continuous improvements to the existing processes to ensure maximum efficiency and strengthen the collaboration between their teams’ efforts and Sales Manager’s needs, which will be dynamic. The ideal candidate will have past experience managing a BDR/SDR Team with a proven track record of team promotion and growth while managing consistent KPIs. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual that has a passion for coaching and developing SDR/BDRs into high-performers and preparing them for the next step within their sales career.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of 4 SDRs and 7 BDRs to meet and exceed team goals and team training timeline.
- Successfully hire, train, motivate, and coach SDRs & BDRs through program certifications and expectations.
- Accountable to refine and inspect processes and expectations of the SDR & BDR teams for optimal performance through dynamic market changes and business needs.
- Work closely with the Sales Managers to strengthen the processes and strategy for team’s focus to best align with enterprise value and help define strategy for team evolution with foreseeable market changes.
- Conduct weekly one on one coaching sessions, training and development sessions, and film clubs.
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce and other company systems.
- Work with our Learning And Development Team to build and reinforce SDR and BDR curriculum.
Who You Are:
- 2-3 years of management experience in Sales or Sales Development, preferably within a high-growth technology company.
- Proven track record of successful team KPI and expectation management.
- Dedication to train, coach, and mentor sales development reps and business development reps based on a curriculum & timeline.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, sales operations, marketing, and engineering.
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound prospecting and qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Salesforce required.
- Industry experience a plus.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.