Manager of Sales Development
Greater Boston Area
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
As the manager of one of our Sales Development teams, you’ll have the opportunity to make a material impact on these goals. You’ll create a sales culture which will attract the best of the best sales reps, position them for in-role success in the near-term, and help them create a path for future success post-promotion.
You'll help your team do three primary things:
- Drive customer outcomes by helping them fold low-code adoption into their strategy (and as a result, helping Mendix capture the significant low-code market opportunity)
- Exceed company pipeline generation targets
- Grow their careers by moving along a defined career path - which you will help them define
The key activities you'll need to carry out to accomplish these goals:
- Lead from the front: be your team’s best coach in the areas of customer conversations, time management, internal ecosystem development, product / market training, prospecting and deal flow.
- Establish an operating rhythm of “flawless execution” through which all leads are served and KPI’s are exceeded.
- Build a rock-solid cross-functional internal ecosystem which maximizes the number of prospects served as a result of Mendix’ industry-leading product and end-to-end marketing and sales go-to-market engine.
- Recruit and promote: fuel Mendix’ immense short and long-term needs for truly top-notch sales people by attracting the best, getting them best-positioned for in-role success in the short-term, and being their biggest advocate for longer-term success and promotion.
- Build upon the organization’s already rock-solid culture and team dynamic
You're the "maker" we need if you:
- Have 1-3 years of front-line sales management experience, preferably in enterprise software
- Possess a passion for leading teams and a certain "it-factor" which challenges and inspires those around you to consistently raise their own bar
- Have a "curiosity factor" which drives you to continually pursue innovation
- See opportunity in change, and take pride in your ability to lead teams through it to success
- A track record of over performance against individual and team goals
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.
Read Full Job Description