Manager of Sales Development
Greater Boston Area
Mendix provides a platform and approach that helps enterprises innovate and digitally transform their businesses and industries. Nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications to delight their customers and empower their employees. We experienced 78 percent growth in 2016 and are a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $15 billion by 2020.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you.
As part of the Sales Development team, you will be part of a highly energetic, high-performance sales culture. You will be the first point of contact for prospects arriving from our demand generation programs as well as outbound efforts.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Driving team members to achieve daily/weekly call metrics
- Support the team with structure and process to follow up on Marketing Qualified Leads, who have interacted with Mendix in a specific way, warranting outreach
- Manage team members on following both inbound and outbound call cadences, while also following outbound email best practices.
- Provide hands-on coaching techniques to drive the SDRs to have quality initial conversations with Decision Makers, and convert them to Discovery Calls.
- Recruit and hire top talent to continue to build best-in-class SDR Team.
- Develop SDR representatives along their desired career path, to be promoted to Senior SDR, Account Executive and Sales Leadership.
- Proactively identify areas of need and assist in training new hires, and existing team members.
- Enhance existing onboarding training program for new hires, to help all representatives get off to a flying start, and reduce ramp time to productivity.
- Train team members and assist in delivery of Discovery Calls to prospects.
- Work with SDRs, AEs and Sales Unit Leadership to forecast and progress deals through the pipeline.
- Collaborate with Sales Ops to develop outbound target account lists
- Drive the team to establish customer relationships with the "decision making unit", such as C-levels, IT Managers, and other influencers
- Develop the go-to-market strategy behind email campaigns and delivering targeted content to fuel the team’s outreach and event follow up
- Lead by example, be willing to jump in on phone calls, assist in opportunity qualification, participate in weekly trainings, and be your teams biggest advocate
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- 1-3 years of sales development management experience, preferably in enterprise software
- Understand the day-to-day of a Sales Development Rep and Account Executive
- Ability to motivate team, with sharp focus on metrics.
- Strong coaching skills to help team executive initial conversations, discovery calls and handle objections.
- Work closely with Sales Unit leadership
- Excellent phone and written communications skills
- The desire to master this role and take on new challenges
Read Full Job Description