At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the freedom, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful financial institutions. We, in turn, productize that technology and help external partners - governments, companies and investment professionals - find actionable insights in their unstructured data.
As an Inside Sales Representative, you will make a significant impact on Kensho’s growth and future success as one of the early members of our expanding sales team. This role will work to market and drive lead generation for our artificial intelligence toolkit - a series of machine learning services that help customers understand unstructured data. You will be responsible for researching potential opportunities, initiating discussions with potential clients, cultivating relationships, and helping our sales team close deals. In addition, you will conduct market research to help refine our go-to-market and pricing strategies, as well conduct customer interviews and gather feedback to help our product managers develop new features.
An ideal candidate will be very comfortable making outbound calls, developing inbound leads, building our customer pipeline, and managing a sales process from initial call to close. This is an end-to-end sales role where no task is too small or too large.
What You'll Do:
- Be the closer! You will close new business opportunities for Kensho products
- Identify, contact, and market to target accounts about Kensho technology
- Partner with the business to develop and conduct prospecting strategies
- Follow-up on marketing-generated inbound leads and inquiries
- Manage a pipeline utilizing a CRM to track activity and updates
- Provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts and product development based on real front-line interactions
- Conduct industry research to uncover pain points and find potential sales opportunities
- Handle a variety of communication including, but not limited to, cold-calling, inbound calls, warm follow-ups, and email campaigns
What You'll Need:
- 1+ years' experience of business development/inside sales or recent college grads with experience in a sales internship
- Experience qualifying and selling B2B software or other technology products; closing experience preferred
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced start-up environment and quickly adapt to change
- Experience using a CRM (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
- Agility to balance multiple priorities simultaneously, sometimes across different segments of the sales cycle
- Collaborative and cooperative attitude with sales and marketing teammates
- Goal oriented and self-motivation, with a passion for the technology
- Curiosity and interest in embracing the unique opportunity to build, experiment, and refine a new and successful sales program
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 20 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, and Washington D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.