Field Account Manager at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The aim and role of a Field Account Manager are to combine (1) the onboarding and training associated with bringing a new account to succeed with (2) ensure that both new and existing accounts are getting great value from our service, see us as a valuable partner, and understand if/where our tools may help make them more successful. Additionally, a sales-forward attitude and a high level of professionalism, assertiveness, and persuasion are required to communicate with and engage the Field designated segment of CarGurus’ client base.What You'll Do:
- Assume responsibility for designated CarGurus Field client accounts including:
- Analyze a dealer’s performance and consult on improving lead flow/exposure on our site to secure a long-term relationship
- Become a subject matter expert on all CarGurus products
- Complete “on-boarding” of new dealers to establish a relationship with CarGurus
- Proactively consult with dealerships solving issues and addressing questions
- Escalate issues to other departments when vital
- Educate dealers on how to improve the value of the CarGurus platform by leveraging tools, reports, and standard methodologies
- Strong analytical skills to solve complex, interdepartmental/inter-operational issues
- While not necessarily the primary owner of the actions, this person will, when appropriate, follow up on technical, billing, and content issues with customers.
- Sophisticated collaboration with internal departments (sales, billing, content, and engineering) to convey key issues to the rest of the CarGurus organization.
- Establish strong relationships with Field Sales Directors and serve as in-office advocates when needed for the field sales teams cross-departmentally.
- Establish strong relationships with large decision-makers within client base to champion client satisfaction and trust
- Finding opportunities to further sell client-base and work with Field Sales Directors to cross-sell when possible/applicable.
In summary Field Account Manager will perform the key tasks daily to maximize the overall level of client satisfaction. From initial onboarding through steady-state proactive and strategic support, Field CSS will serve as the ‘face’ of CarGurus to customers on the post-sale partnership.
To ensure the best customer experience combined with ongoing business requirements, Field Sales reps will tightly partner with their Field Customer Success counterparts to create a seamless spectrum of CarGurus engagement for any customer. Field Account Manager will engage their Field Sales partners to address any business-related challenges or opportunities that arise. Field Sales reps will support Field CSSs by making the necessary introductions and providing the necessary account and relationship background to ensure success. skillset
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.