Enterprise Scientific Solutions Consultant (Development and Manufacturing) at Benchling (Remote)
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling Enterprise Scientific Solution Consultants (SSC) are the primary solution leads with Benchling’s largest customers and prospects. Their solutions are deployed into complex enterprise IT environments, interfacing with other vendor solutions, lab instruments, and legacy applications. This is a highly visible role that partners with both external and internal teams to develop the optimal solutions that drive the most value for our customers. The Enterprise SSC is a pre-sales role, and as such works closely with Benchling sales leadership, account executives, professional services, and product leaders to ensure the best solutions are presented. Enterprise SSCs work with senior scientific and IT leaders from prospects and customers, to establish credibility and confidence from the first meeting, and to create solutions based on cutting-edge technologies.
The Enterprise SSC (Development and Manufacturing) must be comfortable with Life Sciences development processes and interpreting novel scientific concepts, have experience with enterprise SaaS solutions, and be adept at working with internal and external leaders and stakeholders. You must work as a trusted adviser to translate customer objectives into detailed solutions and effectively communicate and demonstrate those solutions to prospects and customers.YOUR IMPACT
- Effectively partner with account executives, SSC peers, and leadership to create account and deal strategies that lead to selection, planning out customer engagements that lead to compelling solutions.
- Manage organized discoveries to uncover customer needs and requirements that relate to decision criteria and key business issues.
- Craft solutions based on Benchling capabilities, industry best practices and standard R&D functions, with data models and processes that map to the customer or prospects' science and that fit into their current technology landscape.
- Present and demonstrate the solution in a persuasive way based on key messages, decision criteria, and key business issues. Manage customer questions and objections and resolve concerns. Ensure that the solution is presented competitively, with awareness of alternatives including build in house.
- Engage with product management to provide insight into prospect and customer needs and industry trends. Influence the roadmap for market success. Ensure that the roadmap is clear to customers as required to influence buying decisions.
- Provide leadership by creating reusable solutions, content, and training for key areas. Work with the extended team to ensure that they are successful and learn from your expertise. Mentor and partner with other SSCs to build their success.
- Espouse Benchling's core leadership principles and cultural values.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field, with 6+ years of professional experience with biotech/biopharma development/manufacturing or PhD/M.S. with 4+ years of professional experience with biotech/biopharma development/manufacturing. Advanced degrees in scientific disciplines desired but not required. Previous customer facing and technical solutions consulting experience is also a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with relevant scientific/informatics software such as LIMS, LES, MES and/or SDMS. Understand technology ecosystems, as well as the integrations between systems; have high level knowledge of developer platforms, architecture, and security.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively model scientific processes and data to subsequently craft solutions, based on product knowledge and industry best practices. Prior experience in implementing, supporting, and/or integrating scientific systems desired.
- Understand the lifecycle of biopharma drug research and development, tech transfer, and manufacturing. Specifically understand what requirements and outcomes motivate each team and how to properly address them with a software solution.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.