Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
The Enterprise Account Executive will handle and close deals in Acquia’s account and prospect base in the Federal marketplace. You are capable of building deep relationships with prospective customers, partnering with them to determine their needs and delivering outstanding service. Furthermore, the ability to work cross-functionally with demand generation and marketing teams to cultivate pipeline is a must.
Passion, drive, and creativity are just some of the basic skills and traits we are looking for in an Account Executive. Experience handling full-life cycle sales in an individual contributor environment, along with working with partners within the Federal Civilian and/or DoD markets to grow our business forward is key to being a successful Acquian representative.Responsibilities:
- Identify new business opportunities within the Federal Civilian and/or DoD markets. Engage with senior level executives within these organizations.
- Develop positive relationships and identify prospect needs at all decision-making levels.
- Stay current on competitor offerings and be able to identify their strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Turn client feedback into impactful strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks.
- Influence client decisions and advocate for client needs to bring a positive solution.
- Work closely with various functional teams including Product Development, Partner team, Account Management and Project Management teams to ensure flawless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
- Collaborate effectively across internal teams and buil an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
- Engage with our channel partners and various subject matter authorities to drive sales opportunities.
- Travel to client meetings as needed.
- A minimum of 3-6 years of sales/client origination experience within the Federal market, preferably with CMS experience or PaaS/SaaS marketplace.
- Demonstrated experience of selling sophisticated software and services to government clients.
- Familiarity with government IT trends and sales cycles.
- Experience with Federal opportunity pursuits and teaming within the SI and partner community.
- Experience with large strategic deals including all phases of client development: prospecting, proposal development, negotiation and ongoing relationship management. Solid understanding of Federal procurement practices.
- Have intellectual agility and an entrepreneurial mentality; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy in acquiring and serving clients.
- Experience and the know-how to work in a start-up, fast paced technology environment.
- Ability to learn and absorb new products quickly and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- Strong understanding of the SaaS business model for solutions delivery.
- Confident presentation skills, and must have 'presence' in front of the C-suite customer with the communications skills to articulate a value proposition to a wide range of organizational and functional levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.