Employer Branding Agency Executive (German Speaking) at Stack Overflow (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
We are one of the most popular websites in the world - a community-based space focused on increasing productivity, decreasing cycle times, accelerating time to market, and protecting institutional knowledge.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We embrace collaboration, transparency, and believe in leading with empathy; creating an environment where every Stacker knows they belong. We embrace that the unique contributions and points of view of all Stackers contribute to our success.
We are a Best Company to Work For, in addition to being recognized for Best Company Leadership, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Perks and Benefits, Best Company Work-Life Balance, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Outlook.
We are a remote-first company with Hiring HUBs based in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
Businesses that want to partner with Stack Overflow come in all shapes, sizes and market caps; however, Stack Overflow Employer Branding advertising solutions work primarily for Mid-Market and Enterprise sized companies. We've built and retained a tight-knit community of 60-million monthly unique visitors by putting our users first. The German Agency Executive (GAE) plays an integral role in Stack Overflow Employer Branding growth - the focus of this role is to strengthen relationships with Account Directors, Strategists and Media Planners at recruitment marketing agencies in DACH, driving large and strategic enterprise-level partnerships with direct agency clients. The GAE is responsible for the entire lifecycle of their customers from initiating new business development to accelerating growth and generating revenue within existing agency partnerships.
Revenue generating activities for GAE's include in-person market education of Stack Overflow Employer Branding products at select agency sites, video-conferencing demos and negotiations, and any relationship-building initiatives to drive revenue.
What you'll do:
- GAE is the primary day-to-day contact between the agency and Stack Overflow's account team. GAE is also an internal advocate for your agency partners.
- Evangelize and establish Stack Overflow as the most trusted resource for developers and as the leading developer hiring platform for employers and recruitment marketing agencies in the DACH region.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Major Account Executives, Customer Success, marketing and advertising teams to drive new pipeline opportunities, and adoption of Stack Overflow products.
- Diligently generate new business relationships and opportunities by networking in person (agency offices, conferences, seminars, meetups, etc), over-the-phone demos, and other relevant methods.
- Take a consultative sales approach to fully understand the agency client's business needs and pitching solutions to drive revenue and leads for the direct sales team.
- Manage existing clients by working with account reps to conduct training and best practices sessions, conduct quarterly business reviews and manage the campaign progress against core KPIs
- Become a SME (subject matter expert) by staying abreast of industry trends and best practices, reading business publications, or blogs to support and add value for agency clients
What you'll need to have:
- 5+ years of Marketing, Brand Advertising, Agency, Media Sales and/or Online Advertising experience leading businesses or accounts
- Fluent in German and English
- Tenacious and entrepreneurial approach to working through product, process, and client challenges
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding quota
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong relationships with both external and internal partners
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Experience partnering closely with team leads in a cross-functional working environment
- Superior networking, business development and account mapping skills
It would be nice for you to have:
- Experience with digital advertising or web-based services sales
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Operative One and/or Google Ad Manager
What You'll Get in Return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity (RSUs) for all employees at all levels
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Home office allowance of $2,000 (for remote employees) with an additional $450 allowance on each anniversary date
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, MyAcademy and Overdrive
Stack Overflow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and these pillars are at the heart of how we work together here at Stack. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For individuals based in California, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.