IT and Business leaders have a problem. The imbalance between the business’ application requirements and IT’s ability to meet their needs is so great they have to take a different approach. They must collaborate. They must be agile. IT must empower the business to participate in its own rescue. Said differently, they need help transforming their enterprise into a high performance provider of solutions, and Mendix has the people, domain expertise and technology platform to bring the groups together for success.
Do you consider yourself a modern sales leader? Do you have the ability to attract the best sales talent and team with them to help them achieve their highest output? Are you maniacally focused on helping customers achieve meaningful business outcomes through your technology? Are you best of breed? If you are all these things, how would you like to sell the leading Gartner MQ and Forrester Wave solution in a red-hot market expected to exceed $15 billion by 2020? Mendix provides a platform and approach that helps enterprises innovate and digitally transform their businesses and industries. Nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications to delight their customers and empower their employees.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and extend our market leadership and we're looking to grow our Americas Sales team by hiring leaders that can attract, develop and enable top sales talent. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun and are looking for team members that share similar motivations.
As Director of Sales, you will build and lead a team of sellers who engage with the largest enterprise customers and prospects across various industry segments. You will be responsible for hiring the best and then delivering significant growth in your region by focusing on pipeline generation, working at the senior executive levels driving demand generation, and building and owning your ecosystem of customers, partners, industry influencers, and prospects. As an experienced leader, you will have the ability to focus on building pipeline high growth business franchise, while working with an extended team to achieve high growth metrics. You will also absorb and analyze feedback from the market, and communicate that back to the product team to help drive the product roadmap.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Supporting Strategic Account Executives by participating in customer meetings and help the team reach company goals of extending our reach in the market.
- Ongoing development of sales team including recruiting, hiring and training new reps on Mendix
- Executing and formulate a sales strategy within an assigned region, drive revenue growth by penetrating the current customer base, and develop new customers in the enterprise space
- Confirming and communicating the differentiated value of Mendix to the customer at both the technical and business levels and ensuring your team is audible ready and adept in all selling situations
- Identifying the customer approvers, decision makers, and influencers, and developing strategies for each to mitigate risk and increase deal confidence
- Continually monitoring the sales activity of the team, and track the results and reports on sales activity and forecast to SVP of Sales
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- 5+ years in demonstrated sales leadership in SaaS or PaaS enterprise software with a proven track-record of consistently exceeding annual team quotas and performance targets
- You follow a proven, repeatable process to achieve your success and have leveraged your process to overachieve in multiple roles
- Proven track record of building and managing enterprise and strategic sales teams
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage customer executive relationships at the highest levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales cycles including the ability to provide coordination and direction to your extended team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate complex ideas and strategies
- Strong orientation to team communication and collaboration
- Thorough knowledge of Salesforce.com to maintain a current and accurate pipeline
- High Energy and attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent