Director - Global Sales Development Program at Veeva
| Greater Boston Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:49 p.m. (EST) on Friday, April 8, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The Global Sales Development Program Director is responsible for building a program that develops Veeva’s next generation of Account Executives. You will recruit a team of recent graduates to be Sales Development Representatives (SDRs), train them to identify and develop sales opportunities, and prepare them to graduate into roles in our Field Sales organization in two years. This is a high-profile strategy and operations role that has second-line management responsibility and will sit on the sales leadership team. It requires someone that wants to inspire and develop young talent and is excited to build a long-lasting program.
The right candidate is someone that has worked in both strategy and operating roles, ideally with experience in both management consulting and functional leadership.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement an effective strategy for the Sales Development Program (SDP)
- Work cross-functionally and at all levels to align and execute the SDP strategy
- Hire and lead a team of three first-line managers
- Guide the hiring and training for the first SDP class of 20-25 members. Sustain and grow the program over time
- Managing an effective and scalable sales development process that generates leads while providing a training ground for SDP members
- 12+ years of professional experience with rapid advancement
- Previously managed teams or organizations of at least 10 people
- Have managed or worked closely with recent graduates in the last few years
- Experience as a Consultant, as well as experience serving in an Operating function within an organization. Sales experience is helpful but not required
- Outstanding communication, presentation, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Analytical and metrics-driven approach
Nice to Have
- Experience with Salesforce
- MBA Degree
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]