Director, Commissions at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re seeking a Director of Revenue Operations to lead a team focused on scaling the operations and strategy associated with our variable compensation plans. You will work cross-functionally to structure, automate, and administer Toast's variable compensation plans. The team will be responsible for monthly earnings calculations, communications, and analytics. Beyond the day-to-day, you will also participate in plan design and documentation, with a focus on partnering with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, and Finance to drive positive business impacts through effective variable compensation structures.
About this roll*
- Partner with various cross-functional stakeholders to implement a commission platform / software that promotes scalability
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual variable earnings calculations, communications and reporting
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all commission plans across the sales organization and be able to effectively communicate rationale, strategy and calculations
- Partner with Finance, HR, and Sales Leadership to develop commission plans that optimize business objectives by providing strategic insights and recommendations
- Build and manage a high performing team that is able to build an efficient and scalable variable earnings calculation process that optimizes our business goals while accurately executing compensation calculations
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of Revenue Operations, Sales Finance, or Operations experience
- Systems skills, with experience in cloud-based financial systems and tools such as Salesforce, Xactly, Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, or similar
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Effective communication and analytical skills, be team oriented, and have confidence in collaborating with colleagues at all organizational levels
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience working with large data sets
- Experience building strong teams through active development and recruitment of high performing individuals
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
*Bread puns encouraged but not required