Director, Business Development at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Director, Business Development is responsible for developing and running a team that works closely with the sales team to drive the growth of Acquia products from new and existing accounts. The focus will be on coaching Outbound business development representatives, maximizing lead qualification and conversation rates while mentoring the team to ensure they are hitting and excelling key performance metrics. The successful candidate must be able to clearly understand and articulate the Acquia servicing value proposition. The Director, Business Development will work closely with the sales organization to collaborate, develop plans, and share feedback on marketing campaign effectiveness. Good business judgment and skills will be crucial, as this position will require interaction with prospective customers and senior level management.
- Manage a team of Outbound Business Development Representatives
- Responsible for successfully leading a team to goal achievement of appointment setting, opportunities, and revenue targets
- Participates as a team member in strategic and tactical planning for the organization
- Responsible for coaching, performance management and career development of the team
- Implements and maintains sales best practices
- Contributes to the development and implementation of rules of engagement as well as policies, procedures and programs
- Responsible for hiring, training and ramp-up of new team members
- Manages performance metrics for team members
- Drives exhaustive lead penetration, high activity standards and pipeline management
- Develops, maintains monthly, quarterly team forecasts and reporting
- Arranges on-going product and competitive trainings
- Supports all tactical management functions
- Suggests improvement to optimize lead qualification process
- Work closely with sales team
- Perform research and intelligence gathering on prospects
- Extend/deepen relationships with customers to further qualify and penetrate accounts and articulate the Acquia message
- Report on team performance by identifying and implementing actions needed for achievement of goals
- Bachelor’s Degree • 5+ years of relevant, transferable and previous management experience (e.g., inside sales, outbound market research) working closely with a sales team
- Prior enterprise software experience is a plus
- High energy, results oriented, driven professional
- Demonstrated skills mentoring, training and providing feedback
- Excellent business judgment
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work independently
- Ability to work in teams to develop strategies and action plans, and to share results
- Knowledge of technical marketplace and IT organizational structures
- Comfortable interacting with potential clients on the telephone and over email
- Desirable applicants will have knowledge of sales and sales process and familiarity with a CRM Reward
Acquia is proud to provide best-in-class benefits offerings to our employees and their families in maintaining both a healthy body and a healthy mind. Core Benefits include: competitive healthcare coverage, wellness programs, take it when you need it time off, parental leave, recognition programs, and much more!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact [email protected] as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.