Cloud Software Architect/Lead Engineer – Enterprise Governance at MassMutual
JOB DESCRIPTION:What great looks like in this role:
Our ideal candidate has extensive practitioner experience with full-stack, cloud-enabled, agile development, and enterprise architecture disciplines. This blended delivery leader and solution architect role will help drive digital transformation and create a competitive advantage for the firm and our policyholders.
This entrepreneurial leader will be able to navigate ambiguity and think big, start small and scale quickly. The leader will be responsible for technical delivery of an innovative, principles-driven, enterprise capability that holistically addresses privacy, data and AI/ML governance at scale. These solutions will enable the delivery of superior customer experiences and innovative products while ensuring that key values, such as fairness, are built into systems supporting decision making. Additionally, this leader will deliver a suite of privacy rights capabilities in support of our enterprise privacy program spanning CCPA, GDPR, HIPPA, GLBA, and the like.
The successful candidate will partner closely with product owners, Enterprise Architecture and peer delivery leaders and will drive innovation, make strategic decisions and actively guide teams toward a future state consistent with the Enterprise Governance Architecture strategy. This role has broad exposure across the firm in order to effectively tie business capabilities and processes for scalable governance.Objectives of the role
- Define the strategic solution architecture for the suite of enterprise governance solutions covering full stack application development, data architectures, integration patterns, and enterprise work management.
- Assume technical leadership and DevOps ownership for enterprise governance solutions including a fully-automated privacy rights solution from digital customer experience through rights fulfillment, and an innovative adaptive policy framework delivering governance at scale across the enterprise.
- Build governance data models and pipelines to capture, prepare, and enrich evidentiary data and ultimately integrate into a consolidation layer presented to customers and enterprise stakeholders.
- Develop the Solution Architecture program within the enterprise governance team.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Lead one or more squads of analysts, developers and QA team members for delivery of enterprise privacy, data and AI governance solutions and systems.
- Establish strategies, reference architectures, road maps, standards, best practices, and solution patterns for enterprise governance solutions.
- Influence Enterprise Architecture to ensure enterprise solution blueprints fully reflect governance-by-design and privacy-by-design.
- Collaborate and partner with leaders across our data science team, business channels, law, compliance, enterprise risk, and information security.
- Some travel to Springfield, MA, Amherst, MA, and New York, NY. (approx. 1 – 2x/month)
- Experience establishing and executing complex, strategic, cross-functional enterprise programs.
- Hands-on practitioner expertise with a wide array of modern, secure, cloud-enabled technologies, data platforms, and delivery pipelines including containerization (docker & Kubernetes). cloud technologies, tools (Jenkins, Artifactory) and practices (CI/CD patterns, TDD, automated provisioning & release (GitOps, IaC)
- Technical leadership (DevOps/SRE mindset) experience on a highly agile team delivering business value incrementally
- Clear understanding of cloud Operations and Site Reliability Engineering
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Skilled in applying judgment to achieve process compliance and achievement of business objectives
- Familiarity with SAFe framework and Archimate enterprise architecture modeling
- Experience creating KPIs and using them to manage execution and inform strategy
- Exceptional influencing abilities across all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) preferred or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree preferred (M.S., M.B.A., J.D.).
- Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer
- Technology expertise such as: Kubernetes/Swarm, Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Sonarqube, React, NodeJS, Python, AWS Lambda, AWS Lex, ServiceNow
- Financial services knowledge, including core business processes and regulations.
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise governance programs in highly regulated industries.
- Knowledge of public policy making, CCPA and GDPR
- Knowledge of methods for designing, developing, testing, peer-reviewing, and deploying machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions. Practitioner experience is considered a strong plus.
- Knowledge of metrics associated with characterizing performance, bias, variance, and error of algorithms and predictive models.