Does the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing tech companies in Boston excite you? As a 3Play Media Business Development Representative (BDR), you will drive demand for our video accessibility and engagement solutions and gain invaluable sales experience.
3Play Media is dedicated to your professional growth and will provide ongoing personal training and coaching. We are looking for a highly motivated and well-spoken individual to research, build, and supplement the 3Play lead pipeline. The BDR’s primary responsibility is to generate leads via inbound and outbound prospecting and create high value opportunities for our Account Executive Team. In this role, you will work closely with our sales and marketing teams to determine the most effective channels and methods for qualifying prospective opportunities.
The ideal candidate is someone who is high energy, has a competitive edge, and possesses excellent phone and email skills. Your ability to quickly assess opportunities and track them in Salesforce.com will be critical to your success. You must also be able to quickly learn new technologies and communicate those concepts to prospects.Expectations
- Conduct 80 – 100 activities (calls and emails per day) to include; qualifying prospects from 3Play’s lead database and outbound prospecting
- Collaborate with Account Executives and Management to help assemble and prioritize strategic target customer lists
- Work closely and collaboratively with sales and marketing teams to develop and execute prospect communication methods
- Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for Account Executives to further assess a prospect’s business and potential for partnership
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Enhance your sales career by learning the necessary skill set it takes to be a world class sales representative
- Track record of high achievement
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 1-2 years of previous successful sales experience or a strong desire to begin a sales career
- Ability to adapt to new technologies quickly
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and desire to work in a competitive environment
- Strong work ethic, as well as time management and organizational skills
- Desire to meet and exceed measurable goals
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.Work Environment
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is hard working, laid back, and fun. There are no politics or wasteful meetings and projects get done quickly and efficiently. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light located in the North End. The work we do is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a direct impact on our company’s success.