As a Business Development Representative, you play a vital role in maximizing the attainment of the company’s new business and revenue goals. You will be a hunter, at the forefront of the sales team generating, as well as qualifying, all leads including inbound, marketing driven leads as well as those you generate on your own through smart cold calling. You will sell solutions designed to help clients build the business case for strategic recognition and to benchmark their current programs. Your ultimate goal as a Business Development Representative is to generate qualified meetings for your field sales partners that will result in new clients and revenue for your territory.
Reporting to: Inside Sales Manager
Location: Framingham, MA
What You Will Be Doing:
- Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly quota objectives
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with your Field Sales partners
- Build your territory plan
- Participate in quarterly Regional Sales meetings and Sales conference calls
- Populate and maintain customer records database within Salesforce.com to support opportunity pipeline management
- Identify top prospects, key contacts and effective messages for each accounts to generate interest via telephone
- Immediately contact, qualify and nurture inbound leads generated by marketing activities and website visits
- Assist funnel building by participating in marketing programs as needed (may involve calling prospects to generate interest in events or dinners and attending shows and events)
- Effectively plan your daily and weekly call schedule to ensure all inbound leads are promptly followed up
- Ensure cold calls are timely completed, continuously expanding knowledge of Workhuman products, messaging, differentiation, industry, and competition
- Maintain a clean, accurate and current record of all activities and account information in Salesforce.com
- Meet or exceed quarterly quota for qualified field sales meetings
The Skills You Will Bring:
- Positive attitude and energy, with a passion for empowering and motivating people
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in an Inside Sales role
- Excellent presentation skills; confident with public speaking
- Assertive and creative, demonstrating intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated success cold calling and penetrating the C-suite
- Prior experience in lead development focused on enterprise selling, preferably in the HR software or services industry
- Excellent communication skills; effective at engaging prospects, instilling confidence, gaining referrals and valuable information to move a sales cycle forward
- Outgoing, highly interpersonal, influential personality
- Strong written communication skills to enable professional, brand building email follow up as needed
- Highly collaborative team player
- Fast learner with the ability to learn new products and messaging quickly
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task without getting overwhelmed
- Driven and eager to professionally develop and succeed
Who We Are:
At Workhuman, we love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work through our people and technology. Our human cloud-based applications are helping some of the world’s leading global brands connect culture to shared purpose. The Workhuman Cloud empowers employees to thank, talk and celebrate each other, creating an environment that sparks gratitude and human connection while increasing employee engagement and productivity.
Here you can be yourself, learn, and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments, and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace.
- Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
- We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
- Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests