Business Development Representative
Greater Boston Area
Mendix is the fastest and easiest platform to build and continuously improve mobile and web applications at scale. Recognized as a market leader by Gartner and Forrester, we help our customers digitally transform their organizations and industries by building, managing, and improving apps at unprecedented speed and scale. More than 4,000 forward-thinking enterprises, including GE, Wells Fargo, State of NY, and University of Pennsylvania use our platform to build business applications to delight their customers and improve operational efficiency. We help our customers build better applications, faster, and provide them the business value of both accelerated time to revenue as well as significant cost take out for the projects they build on Mendix. Year over year growth was 88% in the first half of 2018 and that rate is expected to continue in the foreseeable future.
Mendix has recently announced the acquisition by Siemens, a move that puts Mendix in a league of its own financially. At 14x revenue the valuation is nearly twice that of any player in the space, and when coupled with the commitment by Siemens to invest an additional $1.1B into Mendix, the investment is the largest infusion of capital in the sector. Mendix will continue to operate as an independent operating unit within the $14B Siemens Software Group and the current leadership of Derek Roos, CEO and co-founder, and his Executive Team, stays intact and continues to lead the Mendix organization.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be part of a highly energetic, high-performance sales culture. You will be the first point of contact for prospects provided by marketing and operations, through high volume outbound sales tactics, including phone, email and social means.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Achieving daily/weekly call metrics, and generation of Sales Opportunities to be handed off to your assigned Account Executives in your assigned Sales Unit
- Following up a volume of Marketing Qualified Leads, who have interacted with Mendix in some way.
- Working closely with other BDRs, and SDRs, as well as Account Executives and Marketing
- Following a prescribed set of outbound tactics on each list of prospects, through our sales outreach tool Salesloft
- Finding the right decision makers and/or influencers within accounts, and engaging in conversations to educate them on low-code and the Mendix Platform, generating interest in learning more, while also uncovering their company challenges in app development
- Completing successful handoff of Discovery Calls to Account Executives
- Portion of opportunities handed off to Account Executives will progress into the pipeline
- Emphasis on progressing the right opportunities into the sales process for the Account Executives
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- Experience in similar BDR position
- Experience in enterprise software, within sales or beyond
- Excellent phone and written communications skills
- The desire to master this role and take on new challenges
- Natural curiosity to continue personal learning of technology and uncovering customer needs and challenges
- Desire to continue to learn sales tactics and explore a career in sales
Read Full Job Description