Business Development Representative-Channel Ecosystem at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Channel Development Associate position within Nuance’s Enterprise Division is responsible for developing and qualifying new partner sales opportunities. This will be a high touch position working closely with the OEM Partner Sales team, to position Nuance’s Intelligent Engagement portfolio. In addition to business development activities, the Channel Development Associate will also have account management responsibilities for developer-level partners with the goal of developing them into strategic partner opportunities. As part of the day to day functions, you will work closely with our Partner, Marketing and Product Management teams to ensure the proper messaging and value proposition are being delivered to targeted partner prospects. We are looking for highly motivated and creative self-starter that will have opportunities to grow within the greater Nuance sales team.
- Qualify leads from inbound emails/website inquiries and marketing campaigns as partner opportunities
- Proactive outbound prospecting for targeted partner accounts (focus primarily on OEM and ISV partners) through referrals, networking, online research, and outbound calls
- Conduct high level conversations about Nuance’s technology and products with senior executives within target partner accounts
- Identify partner needs and suggest appropriate products/technologies/services
- Generate, develop, qualify, and set new business opportunities for the Nuance Partner Sales Team
- Organize meetings or calls between strategic partner prospects and the OEM Partner AEs
- Build rapport with prospects through a consultative solution-based sales approach
- Stay up to date with market developments, industry trends, value propositions, and pricing
- Account management responsibilities for Developer level partners to foster growth with the goal of graduating them into the Strategic level partner program
- Effectively track activity of opportunities using SFDC and report on weekly/monthly/quarterly results to Director of Global Partner Sales
- Special business development projects in coordination with the Nuance Partner Team
Knowledge, Skill, Qualification:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Years of experience: 3+ years of experience as Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive, Account Manager, Partner Manager, or similar role within a software company (experience with contact center and customer engagement technology is a plus)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas and targets
- Results-oriented and self-motivated, able to think strategically and execute tactically
- Understanding of sales performance metrics and Account Based Marketing strategies
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including ROI quantification and justification
- Successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships ranging from senior level executives to technical contacts
- Ability to track and report on partner opportunities and activity in SFDC CRM tool
- Possess a strong business acumen in managing accounts or partnerships with the ability to understand strategic business drivers
- Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills (product management, support, sales, and senior management)
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills, with ability to translate technical & customer information into products requirements
- Once it is safe to do so, minimal travel may be required (less than 10%)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.