Business Development Manager at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to desktops, clinics, and factories throughout the world.
The Business Development team at Formlabs manages collaborations with leading companies to create the future of 3D printing by pioneering new applications for Formlabs printers and materials. We help executives at companies like New Balance, Hasbro and Gillette launch new business initiatives that are powered by Formlabs technology through Formlabs Factory Solutions, serving as expert advisers, project managers, and application engineers as needed.
We are looking for an Applications Engineer to help scope out and prove the technical feasibility of exciting new applications that will create the next big 3D printing initiative or business.
We are looking for a person with two skill sets: 1) additive manufacturing expertise to help drive new project ideas and prove the technical feasibility required to pitch a new product initiative to customers and 2) project management to oversee customer-facing development work from scoping to delivery. If you can deliver top quality technical work as part of a million-dollar project that you’re also managing, then join our Business Development team to help impact the future of 3D printing.
- Research, propose, and develop new applications that can facilitate growing the next big 3D printing business.
- Advise high value customers and prospects on the technical aspects of 3D printing including design for additive manufacturing and setting up an efficient additive factory.
- Manage projects for customers involving a variety of stakeholders and multiple technical teams at Formlabs.
- Collaborate with commercial members of the Business Development team to assess project feasibility and create timelines and budgets for project proposals.
- Perform application engineering work on topics such as post-processing and finishing of 3D printed parts, printing with experimental materials, and hybrid workflows involving additive manufacturing and other industrial processes.
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, and videos to communicate results.
- Are skilled in polymer additive manufacturing
- Have a technical background in CAD with softwares such as but not limited to Solidworks, OnShape, Fusion360, and Rhino, with experience creating high-quality custom samples
- Have a good understanding of a range of industrial manufacturing processes, such as injection molding, CNC machining, and masking
- Are experienced in project management and can communicate complex technical concepts clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Work well independently and as part of a high-performing team
- Are an expert in coordinating people and resources not directly under your control
- Are curious, creative and like to problem solve
- Enjoy traveling frequently to speak with customers
- Experience with mechanical engineering simulation (e.g., FEA)
- Experience with materials testing equipment, such as tensile and impact testing
- Experience with lattices and generative design
- Experience with Formlabs stereolithography (SLA) 3D printers
- Experience with selective laser sintering (SLS)
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.