Accounting Manager, Revenue at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready to make a change ?
The Revenue Manager is responsible for understanding data flows between internal systems and their overall impact on the financial statements. We are looking for an experienced individual who can help us work through complex transactions on a monthly basis, set up our RevPro implementation for success, and strategically prioritize a variety of tasks, and high-impact projects. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires problem solving, active collaboration across internal and external teams, and an ability to think critically about both accounting and business implications related to revenue recognition.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Help with the planning and execution of our RevPro implementation and ensuring that internal teams remain apprised of ongoing and changing systems requirements based on business needs.
- Support a timely month-end close process through reconciliations for Revenue, Deferred Revenue, and A/R accounts as booked through RevPro and other external revenue systems.
- Assists with the maintenance of the revenue module and its setup in the General Ledger, while ensuring that revenue is properly accounted for.
- Actively involved with the setup of “SOX-like” controls surrounding revenue systems and data integrity.
- Assist in providing audit support for revenue related transactions and system reconciliations.
- Collaborate with systems and operations teams to build and implement new accounting and operational procedures while enhancing existing processes.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5-7+ years of progressive experience in revenue accounting or equivalent, some from a “Big 4” or “Top 10” accounting firm with at least 1-2 years in a manager role
- RevPro, Netsuite, and Salesforce experience strongly preferred,
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, ASC 606 in particular, with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Goal oriented personality capable of multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Systems oriented with a high degree of attention to detail and a focus on accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Advanced Excel skills
*Bread puns encouraged but not required