Account Manager at Drift
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the role
As part of the SME Account Management team you will be selling into to our top accounts within our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP). You will build and implement account plans to deliver maximum revenue potential while ensuring customer ROI. Our Account Management team has grown from strength to strength through team collaboration, dedication to our customers, and a collective desire to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
In one month you'll
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, how we work and our goals for the future
- Experience an in-depth product training, including learning how to use the product for your own business
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players
- Interact with your Account Base and shadow colleagues
- Build relationships internally with Customer Success and Support to provide the best experience for your customers
- Own the identification of expansion, upsell and cross opportunities
- Learn the buyer personas and formulate creative outreach (we're big GIF fans here!)
- Maybe even close your first deal!
By month 3 you'll
- Master Drift product and have a deep understanding of the industry
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in class sales process
- Continue to execute conversational selling tactics and value-based Account outreach
- Build pipeline through well-crafted prospecting messages into your Account Base
- Prepare and present software demos and successfully guide customers through the buying process
- Keep learning about the ever-changing industry
- Work toward hitting a fully ramped quota
By month 6 you'll
- Build and manage a strong pipeline of upgrade, expansion and cross-sell opportunities and provide accurate sales forecast through Salesforce
- Drive complex deals from initial contact through close within a fast paced environment
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices
- Beat your ramped quota!
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Minimum 2 year of closing experience in a SaaS technology company
- Experience with managing and growing Accounts
- Consistent track record of quota achievement
- Experience in a fast paced and high growth companies
- Strong sales fundamentals, business & sales acumen
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively within a team environment
- Tech savvy and eagerness to learn new technology and practices
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]