Account Manager (Ad Sales) at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
This individual will be representing CarGurus out in the field, and the ideal candidate is someone who can engage, build, and cultivate relationships.What You'll Do:
- Supervise and manage the day-to-day account level business responsibilities and relationships with Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive marketing clients, agencies and internal teams
- Serve as a primary point of contact on daily campaign implementation, performance reporting, and expert knowledge of CarGurus features and capabilities
- Analyze campaign performance and consult stakeholders to identify optimization and growth opportunities on accounts and campaigns
- Provide consultative campaign performance recommendations by recommending adjustments to inventory, targeting, creative components and/or other strategies
- Complete “on-boarding” for new clients including negotiating MSAs, facilitating the completion of contracts and insertion orders, and educating clients and agencies on any campaign performance or self-service management tools
- Provide technical guidance on campaign specifications and provide troubleshooting resolution
- Collaborate with internal departments and external clients and agencies to monitor campaign delivery and contract compliance, ensuring full revenue recognition and client objectives success
- Track and analyze usage trends and prepare sales and internal reports
- Monitor billing and inventory for each account
- Deliver on all role-specific accountability metrics and goals (revenue accuracy, forecasting accuracy, over/under-delivery to budget)
- Utilize third-party research tools to support plan recommendations and provide competitive site analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years account or project management experience in an agency or sales environment.
- 4+ years automotive in-market experience (preferred) at Tier 1 or Tier 2
- Programmatic advertising experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, Salesforce, DART, ComScore
- Very strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Exceptionally strong sense of customer service
- Prior experience in a similar position preferred
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.