Account Executive, Government Sales at Soofa
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are looking for an AE to partner with municipalities across the U.S. to bring more Soofa Signs into more cities and neighborhoods across the globe. You will manage complex, multi-stakeholder sales with municipalities from pilot deployment through full-scale installation. You will work at the cutting edge of municipal policy and local government sales to help urban communities flourish.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Be the face of Soofa, finding new municipal clients and nurturing existing relationships alongside Soofa’s City Growth team
- Help us tell Soofa’s story by building compelling, measurable use cases in new markets and enhancing those in current markets
- Be comfortable sourcing new deals from lead generation to cold outbound and beyond
- Attend neighborhood, city council, and community development meetings across the U.S., focused initially on MA, GA, and FL
- Identify priority cities for Soofa’s expansion, including developing and managing a pipeline of 15+ ongoing municipal deals
- Research and draft RFP/RFI responses
- Develop internal “playbooks” for best practices, including stakeholder maps, historic info on past projects, budgeting, mapping, and summarizing strategic priorities
- Constantly update databases and use Hubspot CRM to manage pipeline
- 3-5 years account management, business development, consulting, or sales experience
- Proven ability to manage and deliver complex, multi-stakeholder projects from start to finish
- Experience creating, nurturing, and communicating a pipeline via dashboards and monthly reports
- Demonstrated commitment to hitting and exceeding metrics
- Familiarity with urban design and community planning
- A nuanced understanding of what it’s like to work with large and small municipalities, including elected officials and city staff
- The person people trust and are happy to see
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders, gaining their trust, confidence, and respect, as well as the ability to build consensus among stakeholders with varying interests and objectives
- Patience—you are motivated by holistic, long-term growth, not instant gratification. You are comfortable with long sales cycles and multi-stakeholder deals that can last 1-2 years and involve over a dozen people
- Ability to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations or conversations—super resilient!
- A supremely organized human who excels at gently guiding others to become more organized themselves
Bonus Points For
- Experience in OOH/DOOH
- Knowledge of urban design best practices
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Team lunches every Friday
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.