Website Project Manager at Klaviyo
Why You Should Join the Web Team
The marketing team is special — a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group more diverse and broaden our collective thought.
Our customers aren’t simply special. To us, they are our lifeblood. They are entrepreneurs. Parents. Providers. They put their livelihood on the line every day to make their dreams come true. Our customers are inspired and inspiring. We have helped over 265,000+ of them grow and yet we have millions more people to serve and work to do to get there.
As a core function within the Marketing Organization, the Self-Serve Growth (SSG) team grows revenue by building and optimizing best-in-class experiences that demonstrate Klaviyo’s value across all aspects of the self-serve customer funnel, from acquisition to retention. We have aggressive growth targets and purposeful website initiatives are the key to helping us achieve our goals.
Reporting to the Website Director, the Website Project Manager will be the hub of the wheel, the central point person for all planning and communications that go on surrounding website projects. You will leverage your exceptional communication skills to build relationships with both your team and cross-functional stakeholders.
Who You Are
The Website Project Manager is responsible for providing project planning and management for website initiatives within Klaviyo. They ensure that projects are completed to specification, within an established time frame and budget. They will act as the main point of contact for all web related project activity. You will:
- Uncover and understand business needs and translate them into requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Ability to translate technical requirements and questions back to and from the business
- Understand and assist with project planning, estimation, and prioritization
- Manage a portfolio of projects with a focus on client satisfaction, schedule, budget, and functional solutions
- Ability to see a series of projects at a high level and understand the implementation details that overlap
- Oversee the development and tracking of project plans including setting and meeting project milestones
- Establish and maintain project communications with stakeholders
- Help manage stakeholder relationships, expectations, and feedback
- An understanding of Agile development methodologies and the flexibility to modify them in the way that works best for the team/project
- Familiarity / comfort with the flow of work/deadlines that comes with a marketing team as your primary business owner
- Comfortable with ticketing tools (we use Monday.com but any experience helps) and vetting tickets out / grooming
- Participate in weekly resource planning meetings in order to effectively allocate resources to the project
- Assist with the creation of project proposals and Statements of Work and ensure alignment of budgets and schedules with project proposals
- Author scope changes
- Willingness to learn and not afraid to ask questions if they don’t understand something
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- 5+ years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively, and see them through the full life cycle
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.