Technical Project Manager at Kyruus
- You’ll contribute to the Kyruus vision and mission by driving efficiency, visibility and excellence throughout our Product Development teams and processes.
- You’ll own scrum and project processes within the Product Development teams you work with to ensure communication and alignment between technical teams, stakeholders and managers. You’ll be key in driving the drumbeat and cohesion of your development teams and ensuring each member has what they need to succeed in their role while also keeping an eye on commitments and timelines.
- You’ll use project management principles and and organizational experience to coordinate technical improvements across multiple internal teams and external partnerships.
- You’ll use your work with our product management team to maintain long-term roadmaps and raise dependency and stakeholder management concerns early to keep your teams on track.
- You’ll guide two of our development teams on how to properly apply Agile processes as Kyruus delivers our product and services. You’ll meaningfully contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- You’ll facilitate and support all Agile/Scrum events such as Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Daily Standup, and Sprint Retrospective. You’ll assist in tracking the status of the team and communicating data on project/team progress.
- You’ll work with product and engineering management to field and route interrupt-type requests and escalations to ensure minimal team disruptions while supporting optimal business outcomes.
- You’ll use a data driven approach and leverage metrics to provide insights into team health and drive improving team predictability and productivity in a sustainable manner. You’ll also enable team productivity and effectiveness by understanding and helping resolve team impediments.
- You take ownership for the success and productivity of your technical teams.
- You’ll report to the Manager, Technical Programs in our Product Development department within the R&D - Product division.
Respect: How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 5+ years experience in SaaS delivery and/or project management, knowledge of agile/scrum development practices, and your communication skills to:
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile and/or planning practices within the organization.
- Facilitate sound technical decision making on the team even without being technical. Help make decisions by weighing all options, understanding trade-offs and risks, and codifying the rationale for the decisions.
- Make recommendations for team norming and alignment, team competency development, and areas of process change or improvement.
- Effectively coordinate and work across various engineering teams to conquer larger, complicated projects.
- Ask the right questions and listen actively to our internal teams to understand changing needs.
Empowerment: How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You’re a trusted member of the Project Management team and can provide immediate value to our Agile/Scrum process.
- You help measure and evangelize the value of project management and scrum methodologies.
- You drive collaboration with other teams and build trust through transparency and organization.
- You’re the in-house expert on product development processes.
- You provide clear feedback to others and successfully collaborate with Engineering and Product to understand areas for improvement and tradeoffs.
- Kyruuvians in the Technical Project Manager role can move in a more linear career path on the Project Management team. The next step is Senior Technical Project Manager or progress to a management position with the Project Management vertical.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.