Technical Project Manager
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking to grow its Technical Project Management team. Technical Project Managers work within Engineering, and across various products and company-wide initiatives. You must have a deep knowledge of Agile, SDLC, and excellent verbal/written communication skills. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced technical environment, has a passion for learning, and can create and facilitate a collaborative workplace.
- Work closely with engineers to drive entire product lifecycle (from design, build, test and release), which includes coordinating efforts and facilitating discussion to ensure smooth delivery
- Use Agile processes when interacting with various stakeholders, including product managers, product owners, engineering managers, design leads, QA, SREs, and other critical stakeholders to deliver high-quality features
- Manage project schedules and track team tasks, which includes clarifying and driving project commitments and priorities, establishing and maintaining clear chains of accountability, and clearly communicating to project stakeholders
- Address bottlenecks, which includes providing escalation management, anticipating and making tradeoffs, balancing the business needs versus technical constraints, and encouraging risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit
- Understand release interdependencies, which includes driving towards solutions for delivering complex, multi-tiered cloud systems
- Take responsibility by owning release schedules and milestones, and keeping momentum high
- Communicate effectively with off- and onshore teams to help build processes and maintain efficiency across cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Business or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience delivering software
- Excellent written and verbal skills, maturity, judgement, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Strong familiarity with Agile processes and software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Passion to improve processes, increase velocity, and promote collaboration
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.