Technical Program Manager xtraCHEF at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Toast is continuing to grow its Product Management Organization and this role will be a critical part of that growth. Reporting to the Product Management function, this position plays a central role in program and project management across multiple xtraCHEF by Toast products and services. With accountability for ensuring products are released successfully, this role requires someone with a combination of strong skills in program & project management, consensus building, communication and the ability to coordinate resources from a variety of supporting teams. This position works closely with Product Management, Engineering, Finance, Customer support, Professional Services and Sales.
- Identifying opportunities to improve existing procedures and lead the effort to document new procedures.
- Planning and managing product development stages.
- Reporting product development progress to senior managers.
- Overseeing product deployment and integration
- Evaluating product performance metrics and facilitating adjustments.
- Provide appropriate feedback to product management to suggest feature enhancements on behalf of customers and partners
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on process improvements including training and documentation
- Track and record issues as they arise, assigning them to the appropriate teams (QA, product, training, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer sciences, software engineering, technology management, business management, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience in technical program management, preferably in a related industry.
- Advanced knowledge of the full life-cycle of product development.
- Experience in product development planning and providing leadership.
- Ability to collaborate with IT engineers and report to senior managers.
- Ability to evaluate product performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues.
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics
- Proven time management and organization skills (must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines)
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Working experience with Agile/ SCRUM teams
- Experience authoring and creating content for training documents
- Experience with SaaS
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.