Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Are you passionate about leading Agile teams? Do you thrive in a start-up environment, yet seek stability? Are you energized by finding ways to positively impact teams to excel and deliver value to customers? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then our Sr. Scrum Master role here at CA Veracode may be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Sr. Scrum Master at CA Veracode will guide, coach and mentor no more than three Agile teams toward achieving their objectives in an organization that practices the Scaled Agile Framework principals.
- Foster trust and collaboration across all team members; make it safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Support the Product Owner to ensure the Agile artifacts used by the team are healthy.
- Guide teams towards high performance and promote continuous improvement for all functions.
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters to develop and foster cross team communication.
- Protect team from external interruptions to execution.
- Facilitate team level Agile ceremonies such as Daily Stand-ups, Retrospectives, and Iteration Planning as a servant leader to the team.
- Support the Team Demo as needed.
- Maintain a healthy interaction between individual team members and teams.
- Proactively recognize conflict; facilitate conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.
- Assist Agile Release Train Engineers (RTE’s) with facilitation of program increment (PI) planning.
- Track team impediments and escalate those that cannot be resolved within the team.
- Enabling the measuring, analyzing and reporting of Scrum metrics
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in an Agile Software Development environment.
- Knowledgeable in Agile Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices).
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Facilitation skills to lead a small group.
- Able to facilitate different approaches to typical Agile work (story sizing approaches, different Retrospective techniques, etc.).
- Skilled at instructing, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance and employee development.
- Ability to recognize conflict and support conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.
- Demonstrated Agile behaviors, embracing Agile Principles in relentless improvement and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to make decisions independently such as:
- Reprioritize and manage workload.
- Work with team members to enhance Agile practices.
- Assist with creation and/or delivery of Agile product and project presentations.
- Ability to attend weekly remote meetings prior to start of regular work hours (overseas team interaction)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.