- You’ll contribute to the Kyruus vision and mission by driving efficiency, visibility and excellence throughout our Product Development teams and processes.
- You’ll own scrum and project processes, operations and improvement throughout the Product Development organization to ensure communication and alignment between technical teams, stakeholders and managers.
- You’ll be key in driving the drumbeat and cohesion of your development teams and ensuring each member has what they need to succeed in their role while also keeping an eye on commitments and timelines.
- You’ll serve as an Agile coach and change agent by guiding two or more teams on how to adapt Agile processes to deliver Kyruus’ products and services in a predictable manner.
- You’ll facilitate and support all Agile/Scrum events such as Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Daily Standup, and Sprint Retrospective.
- You’ll assist in tracking the status of the team and communicating data on project/team progress.
- You'll field and route interrupt-type requests and escalations in concert with product and engineering management to ensure minimal team disruptions while supporting optimal business outcomes.
- You’ll use a data driven approach and leverage metrics to provide insights into team health and drive improving team predictability and productivity in a sustainable manner.
- You’ll also enable team productivity and effectiveness by understanding and helping resolve team impediments.
- You’ll shift between and meld Agile/Scrum process and principles along with traditional project management paradigms common with infrastructure/IT planning.
- You'll use project management principles and knowledge of project management tools to develop project plans, help teams define what project success means, measure progress towards success metrics, and solve problems with internal technical teams.
- You'll report to the Director, Program Management in our Product Development department within the R&D - Product division.
- How you'll use your professional skills:
- You’ll use your 10+ years experience in SaaS delivery and/or project management, knowledge of agile/scrum development practices, and your communication skills to: Influence stakeholders to drive decision making and help support Kyruus’ goals and initiatives.
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile and/or planning practices within the organization.
- Facilitate sound technical decision making on the team even without being technical.
- Help make decisions by weighing all options, understanding trade-offs and risks, and codifying the rationale for the decisions.
- Make recommendations for team norming and alignment, team competency development, and areas of process change or improvement.
- Effectively coordinate and work across various departments to conquer larger, complicated projects.
- Measure and track if teams are adhering to product and engineering best practices.
- Ask the right questions and listen actively to our internal teams to understand changing needs.
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
- Escalate issues and provide project updates to upper management.
- Act as an Agile coach.
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding & Where You'll Go From Here
- You’re a trusted member of the Project Management team and can provide immediate value to our Agile/Scrum process.
- You drive collaboration with other teams and build trust through transparency and organization.
- You take ownership for the success and productivity of your technical teams.
- You're the in-house expert on product development processes and help the teams identify other processes where definition and success criteria are needed.
- You set and continuously improve upon departmental metrics. You help define, measure, and evangelize the value of project management and scrum methodologies.
- You provide clear feedback to others and successfully collaborate with Engineering and Product to understand areas for improvement and tradeoffs.
- Kyruuvians in the Senior Technical Project Manager role can move in a more linear career path on the Project Management team.
- The next step is Principal Technical Project Manager or progress to a management position with the Project Management vertical.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.