Senior Scrum Master at Nuance
The Scrum Master at Nuance Healthcare is a servant-leader responsible for the division’s most sacred unit: The Scrum Team. The Scrum Master ultimately ensures that the Scrum Team understands and employs scrum, as defined by the Scrum Guide. They protect the team from unnecessary distractions, while working closely with the Product Owner to ensure that the team delivers committed incremental value.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exude the five Scrum values of: Courage, Commitment, Openness, Focus, and Respect.
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning, daily scrum events, sprint reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related events.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Remove or escalate impediments to the Development Team’s progress.
- Prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal.
- Is accountable for process documentation and continuously assess team processes for maximum flow.
- Coach development teams on the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, accountability, transparency, and self-organization.
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition.
- Adapting project plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout pilot projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Lives and speaks Nuance’s value statements, and helps the team live/speak these values through daily scrum behaviors.
Education: MSc/BSc Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Minimum years of work experience: 5+
- 5+ years as a scrum master running agile teams
- Agile certification is a plus, but experience is more important
- SAFe / [email protected] Experience
- Excellent team player and team builder
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline-sensitive work environment
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Strong familiarity with modern engineering terminology, practices, and toolsets
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.