Senior Project Manager at Agero + Swoop
Agero is powering the next generation of software-enabled driver safety services and technology, pushing the limits of big data to transform the entire driving experience. The majority of leading vehicle manufacturers and insurance providers use Agero’s roadside assistance, accident management, dispatch, consumer affairs and telematics innovations to strengthen their businesses and create stronger, lasting connections with their customers. Together, we’re making driving smarter and safer for everyone.
The Data Science and Analytics group at Agero is a central resource for innovative data products, scientific analysis, and actionable insights. We are a collaborative, consultative team that works cross functionally to:
- support partners throughout the organization in making informed, data driven decisions,
- unlock the value within our data to create innovative new product offerings, drive efficiency, and improve customer experience, and
- provide greater access to information and insights through dashboards, data self-service tools, and training.
We believe that data is a key asset, and thanks to Agero’s scale and history, is a true competitive advantage.
About the Role:
Agero’s Data Science and Analytics team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to work with our technical leads and business stakeholders to help drive key initiatives and enable the team to continue to drive the development of new opportunities, strategy, technical execution and innovation.
Our applications require movement of a lot of complex data and involve a wide variety of underlying technologies. The ideal candidate is someone that loves to be challenged, learn, and is driven to improve efficiency of the development team they are working with. We are an agile, results driven group focused on delivering impactful products. We highly value experimentation, adaptability, curiosity and critical thought.
- Define and manage a roadmap and backlog to align with team and enterprise strategy
- Manage JIRA and Agile process to ensure we’re executing effectively on roadmap and backlog
- Manage resources to best execute on our technical plan
- Define requirements in partnership with our business stakeholders
- Manage intake of new requests, assign to appropriate resources
- Establish and ensure we are measuring success and impact of initiatives
- Gather ongoing feedback from stakeholders
- Run sprint planning and retrospectives
- Help with documentation and organization of content
- Ensure documentation remains up to date
- Communicate status, blockers, any issues coordinating with other teams
- Dependency management – identify bottlenecks across various technical and function groups
Skills, Experiences and Education:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive problem solver – we need someone who will not just identify issues, but have thoughts on how to fix them
- Experience with Agile processes
- Familiarity with Agile project management software (e.g. JIRA)
- 4+ years of relevant experience in project or program management
- PMP or other project management certification
- B.S. in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
Agero’s mission is to safeguard consumers on the road through a unique combination of platform intelligence and human powered solutions, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their drivers. We are a leading provider of driving solutions, including roadside assistance, accident management, consumer affairs and telematics. The company protects 115 million vehicles in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and other diversified clients. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to more than 12 million requests annually for assistance. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com and follow on Twitter @AgeroNews.