Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking to hire an organized, highly motivated Senior Project Manager, Digital Retail to support the Digital Retail efforts across the organization. This position will play a meaningful role in establishing a project management practice to support cross-functional project delivery, including project structure, communication, process definition, and driving end-to-end project delivery for Digital Retail across CarGurus.
You will have the opportunity to help define and roll out standard methodologies for a highly visible and strategic cross-functional initiative.What you’ll do:
- Manage scope, roadmap, dependencies, and timelines within Digital Retail projects to ensure successful, timely delivery
- Provide regular updates to leadership, executive team and project teams on status, risks, and accomplishments
- Develop risk mitigation plans to ensure stable, compliant execution, while maintaining sight of dependencies and end-state results
- Work cross-functionally to supervise and lead dependencies within project deliverables
- Build and execute against project communication plans, driving transparent and effective communication through the entire lifecycle of the project
- Ensure partner engagement and approval by establishing clear project-specific approval process and cadenced demos and updates
- Drive process improvements across Digital Retail by working cross-functionally with Enterprise Applications, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product
- Partner with business partners on organizational change and adoption of improved processes
- 4-7 years of demonstrated ability in a project management function
- Experience in implementing and driving project management tools and techniques
- Fantastic organizer and good at crafting order out of uncertainty
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management, organization and partner leadership skills
- Creative problem solver, with a passion for identifying inefficiencies and closing the gaps
- Able to translate ambiguous partner needs to process improvements
- Driven self-starter, who is accountable for their work, and proud to take ownership of the processes built
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary (e.g. owner mentality)
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS a plus
- Salesforce and BI (Looker) experience a plus
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.