Senior Director, Executive PMO at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Senior Director of Executive PMO will be responsible for building out the Executive PMO function to support our rapid growth. You will partner with executive sponsors and senior leadership to define, build and operationalize our cross-functional project management process. In addition, you will help set Toast standards for organizational excellence and will be responsible for ensuring that cross-functional projects are planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner. This position is best suited for a self-starter who thrives on designing operating models and providing structure. The ideal candidate should have: the ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop the Exec PMO’s project intake, management, and operating model that will coordinate cross-functional projects.
- Refine intake strategy and prioritization framework to ensure we are solving the right problems, in the right order that will drive the highest value and impact to business.
- Work with project managers across the organization to develop consistency and standardize processes across the broader project management organization.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and scope, and consistent with established standards.
- Use strong business acumen to manage risk and escalate impediments through a defined process for faster decision making.
- Provide analysis, status reports, and metrics to executive sponsors and senior management on a regular cadence.
- Lead the continuous improvement of PMO methodologies, standards, tools, and policies
- Serve as a liaison between project teams and other functional areas of the organization..
- Mentor, motivate and lead members of the project team. Ensure project team members take action and accountability for their assigned projects and workload.
- Design the Exec PMO organization for scale.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience developing and running a PMO organization for a minimum of 5 years with a proven history of delivering on-time/budget, large-scale, complex cross-functional initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience in cross-functional, program management environments and or/consulting.
- A good understanding of project methodology and how to apply it to real world situations.
- Proven capacity for identifying risks and managing trade-offs in a highly complex environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively interact and influence at various levels of the organization.
- Strong experience in consultative problem-solving. Exemplary skills in bringing structure to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Extraordinary influencer who is great at connecting the dots at the organization, strategy, program, and project levels.
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
- Proven strength in positions of leadership. Able to mobilize, inspire, and lead internal/external teams without direct authority.
- A demonstrable track record of fostering a successful team atmosphere.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.