Senior Director, Engineering Program Management at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Senior Director, Engineering Program Management will be responsible for managing the Program Management team, defining processes and tools to drive standardization and alignment, ensure the successful delivery of programs, and facilitate resource management. This person will lead the implementation of the Program Management strategy to support scalability and meet organizational performance targets within agreed budgets and timelines. You will report to the Head of Engineering.
As the Senior Director, Engineering Program Management, you will…
- Drive a performance-based culture through accountability, coaching and mentoring of direct reports, and providing regular feedback to foster leadership, strategic thinking, and business acumen
- Contribute to long-range planning and budgetary planning at the program level
- Facilitate problem-solving, decision-making, and collaboration with people at all levels of the organization to accomplish shared program goals
- Facilitate cross-program reporting and presentation of program information to the Executive Leadership, Functional Heads, and other key stakeholders
- Drives accountability and ownership across the organization
- Oversee all program management activities including planning, reporting, risk assessment and mitigation, and lessons-learned
- Work with the Program Management team to drive the successful achievement of program objectives aligned with the business strategy
- Identify and champion best practices in Program Management, including the use of templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and effective planning
- Establish consistent standards across programs, using the same dashboards, formats, approaches, etc.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Like to influence, motivate, and manage direct reports, matrix reports, and cross-functional teams
- Can thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient are essential
- Can integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Bachelor's degree in related field; and 10-15+ years of Program Management experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of complex project strategy and deliver on project plans, timelines, progress, and outcomes
- Outstanding leadership skills including an innovative approach to problem-solving, and an integrated view of the business
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate/ prepare presentations for management
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.