Senior Advisor, Life Science
InterSystems software has been at the heart of the healthcare information ecosystem for more than 40 years. We power digital health solutions for payers, providers, med tech, and life sciences – in fact, more than a billion health records worldwide are managed using InterSystems technology. That technology includes our HealthShare unified care record product suite, TrakCare, the most widely deployed EMR outside the US, and InterSystems IRIS for Health, the only data platform created specifically for the development of healthcare solutions.
We are seeking a global evangelist and market strategist to guide our Life Sciences business. Your experience with real world evidence, clinical research, and health economic modeling will inform and empower InterSystems product, sales and market strategy. You will be based in Cambridge, MA, and you’ll work closely with sales, product management, marketing, and our customers to drive business growth around the world.
This is a newly created role, with an opportunity to shape the direction of a growing market segment.
- In close collaboration with the corporate marketing, market strategy, sales, and product teams, develop and oversee the execution of corporate-wide positioning and product marketing plans for Life Sciences
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert to guide and advise the product and sales teams
- Advance brand awareness and credibility as InterSystems face to the market, speaking, writing, and representing the company within industry associations
- Drive business growth by empowering regional sales teams with targeting, education, messaging and demo development, and account planning
- Identify sales channels and business partners to reduce time to market
- Assist regional teams with specific sales opportunities
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience within the life sciences industry, either as a consultant, or within one or more firms, including some combination of bioinformatics, clinical trials, postmarket surveillance, and real world evidence.
- Deep understanding of the business and policy issues related to drug development and testing, value-based payment, global regulatory requirements, trade organizations, trade publications, and compliance.
- International experience is required
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Ability to work well with remote teams around the globe and lead through influence
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally 25-50%
Education and Training
MBA, PhD, or PharmD