At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As a Release Manager you will work with multiple development teams to orchestrate the release process for our core products.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Own the product release and rollout schedule
- Own the release management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, and managing releases across iOS and Android platforms
- Work closely with Engineering, QA, Product Managers, and Business Stakeholders to balance deadlines and risks
- Develop and maintain reports to track progress towards weekly releases and communicate status to stakeholders across the business
- Develop and maintain release process documentation and release checklists
- Coordinate with multiple development teams to ensure compliance to release lifecycle processes, conducting retrospectives when necessary to drive continuous improvement to the process when necessary
- Collaborate with DevOps to identify/classify build failures to drive continuous improvement to our CI/CD environment
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- BS degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or equivalent preferred but not required
- 4+ years of release management experience
- Experience in mobile application deployment/testing life cycles, which includes building iOS and Android apps for beta testing, app submission, review, and release processes
- Detailed oriented personality, with excellent project management skills
- Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with experience managing interdependent projects across multiple teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with geo-distributed teams
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to our more than 40 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!