Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking to hire an organized, highly motivated Project Manager to support the Process Innovation efforts across the organization. This position will play a critical role in establishing project management practice to support cross-functional project delivery, including project structure, communication, process definition, and driving end-to-end project delivery across CarGurus.
You will have the opportunity to help define and roll out standard methodologies for cross-functional project management across the company, starting with an exceptionally important and highly visible project: the complete rebuild of the CarGurus enterprise application stack.What you’ll do:
- Manage scope, roadmap, dependencies, and timelines within cross-functional projects to ensure successful, timely delivery
- Provide regular updates to leadership, executive team and project teams on status, risks, and accomplishments
- Develop risk mitigation plans to ensure stable, compliant execution, while maintaining sight of dependencies and end-state deliverables
- Work cross-functionally to supervise and manage dependencies within project deliverables
- Build and execute against project communication plans, driving transparent and effective communication through the entire lifecycle of the project
- Ensure partner engagement and approval by establishing clear project-specific approval process and cadenced demos and updates
- Key contributor to building and improving our project management strategy and workflow (“agile-lite”, using JIRA and monday.com) to facilitate status tracking and communication
- Drive process improvements across CarGurus by working cross-functionally with Enterprise Applications, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product
- Partner with stakeholders on change management and adoption of improved processes
- 7 years of experience in a project management function
- Experience in implementing and driving project management tools and techniques
- Great organizer and good at creating order out of uncertainty
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management, organization and partner management skills
- Relentlessly focused on incremental delivery, which is a staple of CarGurus culture
- Transparent communicator who is open, honest, and collaborative
- Creative problem solver, with a passion for identifying inefficiencies and closing the gaps
- Able to translate ambiguous partner needs to process improvements
- Driven self-starter, who is accountable for their work, and proud to take ownership of the processes built
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.