Project Manager at MassMutual (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
MassMutual's ETX Platform Transformation organization is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to join a new and growing organization. In this role, you will be responsible for all facets of project management related to the delivery of technical migrations for a large complex strategic initiative.
The ideal candidate will know how to manage project lifecycles: waterfall, agile or mixes, have the ability to work with some ambiguity and is excellent at overall project management. It is essential that you like working with people, they like working with you, and you are able to communicate clearly and effectively with the project team.
Primary point of accountability for project management (schedule, resources, finances), driving day-to-day execution, ensuring implementation, and reporting on policy and cloud migrations. May lead multiple migration projects in support of our consolidation strategy. The project/program will typically span multiple IT and/or business areas, varying in complexity.
Accountable to monitor project tasks and controls during project planning and delivery activities to ensure on-time and quality goals are met within scope and budget. Work independently and apply advanced project and program management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project deliverables, processes, communications, and presentations in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. Understand, apply, promote and contribute to MassMutual delivery methodologies, standards, and tools.
- Accountable to drive delivery of quality solutions tied to clearly understood business problem(s) and benefit(s)
- Deliver project/program objectives on-time, with quality, within scope and budget
- Develop, manage, monitor, and report on all project/program tasks, activities, expectations, controls and deliverables
- Demonstrate proven capability to be disciplined and flexible at the same time
- Provide input into business strategies and direction that determine and shape projects
- Supply accurate project estimates and tightly manage project budget, approved funding, forecasts and actuals
- Secure and maintain project resources and actively manage resource plan; direct other project managers
- Remain focused on big picture and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Look for and champion opportunities to reduce cost and improve efficiency while delivering on commitments
- Provide solutions and continuous improvement opportunities to efficiently solve problems and provide critical thinking skills
- Gain recognition as a trusted advisor / leader with customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Listen and effectively communicate with clarity, precision, and transparency
- Naturally lead and command authority; influence and inspire across a matrixed organization (i.e. without control or positional authority)
- Exercise independent and fair consensus-building skills when conflicts arise
- Anticipate and head off problems that can jeopardize delivery, budget, and customer acceptance
- Demonstrate team building skills by developing high performing project teams, setting a positive tone and leading by example
- Hold self and project team accountable for outcome
- Remove barriers to enable project team to complete objectives no matter how difficult; drive and influence decisions
- Actively coach and mentor members of the PM community
- Effectively operate with limited information and ambiguity
- Effectively negotiate priorities and solutions
- Manage vendor relationships as required
- Drive lessons learned and knowledge retention for future use
The Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
Minimum of 5 years relevant Program/Project Management experience driving execution of large complex projects within a global and matrixed environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing project controls while mitigating risks
- Proven ability to apply advanced project and program management skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, communications and presentations
- Advanced knowledge of agile and waterfall project delivery methods
- Effectively utilize current project planning, reporting and support tools (e.g. MS Project, JIRA, Confluence, Clarity, Excel)
- Previous experience leading platform conversion efforts, preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication and conflict management skills Experience with managing vendor relationships
- Experience developing business case, understand it thoroughly, and continually monitor projects/programs against it to ensure benefit realization.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Offers of employment are contingent on the completion of satisfactory references, background investigation, and (if applicable) any federal securities law requirements/FINRA regulations (including fingerprinting) and/or passing of a drug screening.At MassMutual, we focus on ensuring fair, equitable pay by providing competitive salaries, along with incentive and bonus opportunities for all employees. Your total compensation package includes either a bonus target or in a sales-focused role a Variable Incentive Compensation component. For more information about our extensive benefits offerings please check out our Total Rewards at a Glance.