Program Manager - Supply Chain
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The components we source from all over the world are absolutely essential to the success of our products and company. We must carefully balance our needs to lower costs while ensuring high performance, reliability, and abundant supply. You’ll work with our suppliers face to face to expand the capabilities of Formlabs and directly improve our products. If you are an engineer who can relentlessly improve our supply chain, we want you to join our Supply Chain team.
- Working with design engineers moving products from design to production
- Procuring materials for development and manufacturing; identifying and ordering the proper parts quantities, negotiate pricing and shipment terms and overseeing the timely delivery of materials needed to fulfill internal and external customer orders
- Implementing cost reduction measures through contract negotiation, identifying multiple sources and value engineering
- Identifying and evaluating new vendors
- Data compilation and reporting to provide status updates on supply chain effectiveness and opportunities for improvement
You must be:
- A skilled negotiator and manager who can hold suppliers to their promises
- Ready to source, contact, and evaluate potential suppliers for quality, reliability, and capacity
- A born strong communicator who can clearly state wants and needs with suppliers as well as our engineering team
- Open to travel and visit suppliers in all corners of the earth to find the highest quality components
- Able to implement QC measures for components on the manufacturing floor
- Capable of tracking key BOM components to ensure a steady supply of parts
- An independent worker and team player who can work with a variety of teams on-site and remotely
- Experienced working in both development and manufacturing environments
- Manufacturing and procurement experience
- 3D CAD design, particularly Solidworks
- Aptitude for electronics and reading schematics
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.