Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Program Manager, Exec PMO will be responsible for helping build out the Executive PMO function to support our rapid growth, alongside the Head of PMO. You will partner with executive sponsors and senior leadership to define, build and operationalize our cross-functional project management process. In addition, you will help set Toast standards for organizational excellence and will be responsible for ensuring that cross-functional projects are planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner. This position is best suited for a self-starter who thrives on designing operating models and providing structure. The ideal candidate should have: the ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
About this roll* (responsibilities):
- Refine intake strategy and prioritization framework to ensure we are solving the right problems, in the right order that will drive the highest value and impact to business.
- Work with project managers across the organization to develop consistency and standardize processes across the broader project management organization.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and scope, and consistent with established standards.
- Use strong business acumen to manage risk and escalate impediments through a defined process for faster decision making.
- Provide analysis, status reports, and metrics to executive sponsors and senior management on a regular cadence.
- Serve as a liaison between project teams and other functional areas of the organization..
- Mentor, motivate and lead members of the project team. Ensure project team members take action and accountability for their assigned projects and workload.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of experience in cross-functional, program management environments and or/consulting.
- A good understanding of project methodology and how to apply it to real world situations.
- Proven capacity for identifying risks and managing trade-offs in a highly complex environment.
- Strong experience in consultative problem-solving. Exemplary skills in bringing structure to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Extraordinary influencer who is great at connecting the dots at the organization, strategy, program, and project levels.
- Results-oriented and metrics driven with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Proven strength in positions of leadership. Able to mobilize, inspire, and lead internal/external teams without direct authority.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.