Program Lead, IT Operations at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Hopper is looking for a Program Lead, IT Operations to join our Customer Service team. Reporting to the Director of CS Enablement, we are looking for an exceptionally customer-centric and process/data-driven IT leader with strong business acumen and bias for action who is highly invested in identifying, coordinating and executing opportunities that improve IT Operations across Hopper’s global contact center teams.
Your key responsibilities will include leading the IT Systems Team within Customer Service Platform, ensuring a consistent IT experience for all employees and contractors between business units and externally with outsourced service providers. You will also lead IT Operations governance, process improvement, and optimization. You will collaborate closely with contact center delivery leaders and operations groups such as, live operations, talent operations, workforce management and learning & quality.
- 5+ years of hands-on IT management experience
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, software engineering or other related field
- Material IT project management experience including project scoping, budgeting and performance delivery
- Experience with negotiating IT equipment purchases, on premise and off site inventory management and security
- Broad familiarity and demonstrated experience working with contact centers and support operations
- A solid understanding of modern information technology and the business of managing technology teams for contact centres
- Experienced working and managing globally distributed teams with multiple stakeholders and in a complex ecosystem managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA and other Atlassian products
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for understanding business drivers and answering complex operational challenges with data
- Excellent communication and people skills – listening, written, and spoken. You work easily with diverse teams and optimize communication when working with people at all levels with varying styles. You know how to share your opinions clearly, thoughtfully and with empathy
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity
- Agile certification: PSM, CSM, SAFe, etc
- Experience working with G-Suite, LastPass, Okta
- A personal satisfaction from bringing clarity, efficiency and optimization to practices that will have a lasting positive impact on support operations
- A passion for practice and process management & optimization with a curiosity and a willingness to continue learning
- Excellent skills in data privacy standards
- Drive standardized strategies, methods and practices for IT Operations in clear and simple language to ensure consistency and understanding for captive and outsourced contact centers
- Establish and maintain SLOs and SLIs or requests submitted to the IT Service Desk.
- Be accountable for your team's performance, ensuring the supported processes are globally applied and delivering value, and that improvements are assigned efficiently and progressing in a measurable way
- Work closely with company-wide IT leadership team to ensure that business practices are structured, visible, and communicated in a way that supports the success of the business
- Meet regularly with your team to organize the work to be done, discuss progress, share updates, and ensure that our service offering meet the expected level of quality
- Provide visibility into the current milestones, accomplishments and major changes to assignments, and priorities relating to your team
- Support Hopper IT leaders in providing the required training that team members need in order to meet the established standards and expectations of the business
- Lead the creation of purposeful reports, analyze resulting data, identify inefficiencies, and implement new practices for improving our IT service delivery and workflows
- Negotiate or support negotiations of agreements with internal and external suppliers
- Along with WFM and Talent Operations, drive operational needs for CS Delivery business units -- right people/right time/right location; from an IT perspective
- Act as a point of contact for escalated bugs and outages across the CS technology stack. This includes investigation, efficiently reporting and constant communication with CS stakeholders to provide visibility on causes, impact, solutions and estimated resolution times.
- Support and actively participate in BCP strategies, ensuring IT requirements and standards are met consistently
- Create plans to address system outages and provide visibility on in incidents that may affect global centre operations
- Design, lead and deliver IT initiatives across CS Delivery teams
- Develop scalable automated processes for IT Support across all global contact center, favouring automation over team headcount
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description