Principal Project Manager - Implementation at Agero + Swoop
AGERO + SWOOP
San Francisco based Swoop, an Agero company, provides simplicity and peace of mind in the chaotic world of roadside assistance. Agero & Swoop combined provide roadside protection for 100M+ Americans and performs 12M+ roadside services annually. As a connected vehicle service, we are in deep discussions with leading car manufacturers about their connected and autonomous vehicle experiences. We combine the benefits of a stable, profitable parent company, while offering the career opportunities and pace of a Silicon Valley startup.
Agero + Swoop are automating an entire industry that has not changed in decades. We’re taking antiquated manual systems and redefining them into digital platforms, open APIs, and exceptional customer service.
Swoop, Agero's next generation SaaS based platform powers thousands of tow operators and partners with car makers, insurers, and fleet operators to deliver a roadside product that is fast, transparent, and easy.
Our team is passionate about addressing real-world problems with digital solutions. We’re looking for enthusiastic problem solvers who are ready to join a fast paced team and make a big impact.
Learn more about our San Francisco and Boston based teams at:
The Principal Client Implementation Manager is responsible for driving client implementations to support multiple lines of business and client contracting initiatives. This is an ideal job for someone who is delivery and client-focused, a self-starter, exercises sound business judgment, seeks continuous improvements, and is a strategic thinker with an extraordinary attention to detail. The successful candidate will be a quick learner with the ability to initiate and make difficult decisions, works well within a team environment, can build relationships effortlessly, and can follow through and drive results. It is also critical that the Principal Client Implementation Manager has excellent communication skills and executive presence, as communicating and coordinating across a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders is a core job responsibility.
Given Swoop’s nature as a software startup operating within a mature roadside managed services business, we have the unique opportunity to both leverage best practices from the industry leader, while also re-inventing our own processes that allow us to act nimbly and move quickly. As such, the Principal Client Implementation Manager should possess a continuous improvement mindset and be comfortable operating within a startup environment.
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project leaders to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, and timing for new clients or migrations
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Partner with internal teams (sales, finance, engineering, QA, client services, product, ops, marketing and other internal departments) to overcome risks and drive value to our customers
- Deliver projects in partnership with the client, balancing scope, schedule, resources and quality
- Coordinate and manage the implementation lifecycle by ensuring organizational execution against a defined work-plan tracking milestones and dependencies
- Identify, track and communicate project blockers and risks, along with corresponding mitigation plans
- Coordinate and manage the post-implementation hand-off to the Client Services Manager following completion of implementation
- Establish Implementation processes and procedures
- Develop and manage standardized implementation documentation
- Undertake and promote change, continuous process improvement, and best practice adoption within the team and business partners
- Provide subject matter support to Legal and Sales Engineering teams for client contracting needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience with project / program management, preferably related to software development; PMP, CSM or similar certifications strongly preferred
- Experience in client-facing roles and enthusiastic about overcoming challenges and delighting clients by meeting or exceeding their expectations
- Experience working with cross-functional, remote teams and ability to influence without formal authority
- Experience documenting business requirements and/or functional specifications and able to provide samples
- Experience mentoring / coaching junior resources; team leadership experience preferred
- Must be self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to set and work within deadlines while managing time and task prioritization effectively
- Must have exceptional communication skills (verbal & written)
- Must have excellent analytical and quantitative skills – ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.