Portfolio Lead - Part Time Remote at MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting harder to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on his vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery. If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Portfolio Leader in our new structure to manage portfolios of technical initiatives focused on business outcomes. This individual will be dedicated to our customer channels, which emphasizes business/domain knowledge and delivery accountability, and minimizes ramp-up / ramp down costs. This role will specifically be aligned to the Workplace Solutions channel.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology we will be one of the most important enables to our success and you can be a part of it.
- Manage portfolio financials of approximately $85M investment (project and baseline) for a technology organization, including thoughtful monthly forecasts of both labor and cash, variance analysis, and scrutiny of general ledger transactions for posting accuracy / submit re-classifications for processing; manage project set-up in our enterprise PPM tool, including all attributes utilized for downstream Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Allocations to the lines of business; ensure realization benefits of Portfolio CBA.
- Work with front-line managers and next level leaders to help them build their financial discipline muscle; includes providing specific instructions and/or training, and continual reinforcement to ensure monthly financial forecast accuracy goals are achieved.
- Articulate the value proposition for financial management, so managers are appropriately motivated to focus on financial activities.
- Be a leader of change, requiring tremendous skills to influence, collaborate and lead in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Be part of a highly engaged team that feels safe to challenge the status quo.
Basic Requirements/Role Characteristics:
- Individual typically has 10 years of related work experience and may have significantly more.
- A minimum of 8+ years of IT leadership, business unit, or other functional leadership experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong financial acumen, prior budget responsibility strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a portfolio and/or serving as a program or project manager.
- Demonstrated commitment to talent development; enjoys mentoring and providing OTJ training.
- Intimate knowledge of Project Management, including financial management
- Agile experience.
- Track record of successful management of conflicting priorities.
- A consummate relationship builder and a trusted advisor.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.